IPOH: A police report accusing a group of cops of gang robbery in Kampung Rapat last month has been retracted.
Confirming that the 54-year-old victim had withdrawn the report on the same day he lodged it, Ipoh OCPD Asst Comm Ali Tamby said police were still continuing their probe.
“We are still trying to locate a policeman and a civilian believed to be involved in the case.
“Those with information about the two men are encouraged to come forward to the nearest police station,” he said in a statement here yesterday.
Three policemen, including an inspector, who were earlier detained over the case had already been released on bail.
The three, whose remand order expired yesterday, have yet to be suspended or transferred from the Ipoh district police headquarters, said ACP Ali.
He said the investigation paper on the incident had to be recorded and submitted to the state police contingent headquarters before the next course of action could be taken.
“After the investigation paper has been put on record, it will be sent to the Deputy Public Prosecutor’s office for further action,” he said in a statement yesterday.
The three cops, along with an unemployed man, were arrested on Dec 28 following a report lodged by the victim.
During the 2am incident on Dec 27, six men identifying themselves as police officers allegedly entered the victim’s house and robbed him of about RM12,300.
They had accused the victim of keeping drugs in the house and demanded money or they would haul him to the nearest police station.
Of the four arrested, two tested positive for drugs.
Police also recovered cash amounting to RM1,500 from them.