KUALA LUMPUR: The following is the English translation of the speech by Umno President Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak entitled "Umno: Implementer of Wisdom of the Elders, True Hope for the Well-being of the Nation", made at the opening of the Umno General Assembly 2017 at the Putra World Trade Centre here on Thursday (Dec 7).
PART 1: PREAMBLE
1. (Praise to God)
2. (Praise to Prophet Muhammad)
3. First of all, on this morning of 7 December 2017, let's all pray for this assembly to be showered with the blessings of God.
4. In that regard, for the 68th time, we are excited to see the Putra World Trade Centre filled with people, both UMNO members and guests, in an unprecedented atmosphere of liveliness that makes us all excited and stand tall … the spirit of the United Malays National Organisation or UMNO, so long as we live … WILL FLARE … AND KEEP BURNING … Long Live UMNO! Long Live UMNO!
Ladies and Gentlemen,
5. Welcome to the 2,718 delegates from the 191 UMNO divisions throughout the country, from Padang Besar, Perlis, at the border with Siam (Thailand) right up to the southern-most tip of mainland Asia in Tanjung Piai, Johor, and to Simpang Mengayau at the tip of Borneo in Kudat and Sandakan, Sabah.
6. As we can see, today's gathering is very different … the aura is extraordinary … because this is a conference that has been much-awaited by all of us.
7. What more, history will be made with the record attendance of delegates, members, observers and the public … overflowing to the floor of the PWTC … exceeding, it is said, 30,000 in all.
8. Even as I walked into this hall, I could see a sea of red of our struggle which will keep flying the SANG SAKA BANGSA … the UMNO colours.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
9. This is a symbolic reflection of the confidence that I, Najib Razak, as the UMNO PRESIDENT, AM NOT ALONE … it means that OUR LEADERSHIP UP HERE IS NOT ALONE …
10. Because, without the support from you, THE LOYAL MEMBERS OF UMNO, both in his hall and wherever you may be, who are we as the leaders up here.
11. Meaning ... if these are the indications of the spirit of UMNO members … I have full confidence that …
UMNO will continue to be constant and vibrant, and continue to lead … not only for the next 30 years … in fact … InsyaAllah (God willing) … for the NEXT 1,000 YEARS! Listen carefully, my friends, commanders, warriors of the race and religion, IF TODAY the siren is sounded, the war drums are beaten … I want to ask …Are we all ready for battle? ARE WE READY??? ARE WE READY?? Syukur (Grateful), .... Alhamdulillah (Praise be to God) .... if that is the answer.In fact, last May 11, when we celebrated the 71st Anniversary of UMNO at the Bukit Jalil Stadium, I am sure many can still remember, we prayed together, along with hundreds of thousands of UMNO members, seeking God's blessings to protect UMNO and its struggle … bless all our efforts … for religion, race and nation … and bless our homeland.
16. Therefore ...we will continue to hold our hopes high under the protection of The Most Merciful … even when the birds stop singing … even when the earth turns dry and is no longer green … when the environment is silent … WE SEEK GOD's HELP TO SAVE THE MALAY BUMIPUTERAS FROM ANY DISASTER.
17. So, let us engage in resounding applause to charge our spirit that our gathering today is not an ordinary one but one that will be remembered as the MOTHER OF ALL ASSEMBLIES.
18. It's important that from now on, the TORCH OF 'BATTLE' CANNOT BE ALLOWED TO BE EXTINGUISHED. THE (ELECTION) FEVER WILL HAVE TO BE NURSED UNTIL WE HAVE GAINED A MAJOR VICTORY IN THE 14TH GENERAL ELECTION. INSYAALLAH (GOD WILLING).
My brothers and sisters,
19. What is important... Datang bukan sebarang datang, Himpun tidak sebarang himpun, Walau ribut kemarau pun panjang, Meski taufan datang bergulung. (Despite all the adversities) In the battle this time, the MOTHER OF ALL ELECTIONS, we will battle, fight to the end.
Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! (God is Great! God is Great!)
PART II: THE REALITY AND CURRENT CHALLENGES
Ladies and Gentlemen, Fellow Warriors of the Cause,
20. In this sea of red (colour), we stand convinced in the flames of passion. If such is the vibration, these are the moments of assurance for us all.
21. Nevertheless, at the same time, I am calling upon all of us to stand on the ground of reality.
22. As the elders say, before we step even further… we should pause and reflect ourselves and the party, or maybe slap our own cheeks and get out of the comfort zone which have made us lax and careless.
23.In short, during this assembly of great importance, we cannot just talk of nice things as Hamka said "if life is between bitterness and sweetness, so as the struggle between victory and sacrifice and between sweat and tears".
24. The utmost important...party members and machinery must be in full preparedness mode...as soon we will be facing the most important and pinnacle of challenges…
25. It is important not only to Malay Bumiputeras...UMNO and Barisan Nasional...the stability as well as the sovereignty of the country...the future of Islam...but most important of all...for the FATE OF OUR FUTURE GENERATIONS , SO AS NOT TO BE IMPOVERISHED AND MARGINALISED IN OUR OWN LAND.
26. This is a fact, my brothers and sisters. Wee have split up into various groups and political leanings now, in deciding the compass direction of the struggle.
27. Therefore, we should be grateful and fortunate that with Allah's will, we are still in the UNITED AND STRONG CONGREGATION, THAT IS UNITED MALAY NATIONAL ORGANISATION...UMNO!!!
28. The reality is UMNO has proven itself as the only party that is still resilient in defending the interest of Malay Bumiputeras as well as Malaysians and has remained as the backbone to Barisan National.
29. While this is the moment of reckoning for Malaysians on the whole, we should not drift away from our DIRECTION COMPAS in evaluating maturely and not emotionally, let alone to be influenced by the opposition's propaganda on social media.
As such, my brothers and sisters,
Please know that for my 9th Presidential Address this year, it does not come easy for me...as I had to take a long time to ponder seriously...through a series of discussions, heart to heart talks, as well as discussions, and in depth sharing of the minds…
31. ...to determine the essence of the speech I should deliver in fulfilling the trust and responsibility that come with the position.
32. Because...I have been reminded again and again during the speech-making discussions that... "Today, I shall speak not only in the interest of my Duty as the President of UMNO , nor as the Chairman of Barisan Nasional, but,... but above all,...
33. My Utmost and My Paramount responsibility at this very important juncture, as the Leader , that is ,...
34. THE DUTY AND TRUST AS THE PRIME MINISTER, NOT ONLY TO MORE THAN THREE MILLION MEMBERS OF UMNO...OR THE SEVEN MILLION MEMBERS OF BARISAN NASIONAL...NOT ALSO LIMITED TO 69% BUMIPUTERAS ...MUSLIMS OR NON-MUSLIMS...
35. In fact, what I have on my shoulders now are the interests of more than 32 million Malaysians, regardless of their race, background, ideology or even religion.
36. To conclude that...I want you to think carefully about this upcoming General Election...that it...is not just another General Election…
37. Because...more important than that...if this time around… the country were pawned and fell into the wrong and irresponsible party...then what we and our forefathers had patiently built so far...will come tumbling down...be crushed and destroyed before our eyes.
Brothers and Sisters,
38. Please know that this election will put us at a decisive and monumental junction because the choice is in our hands, that will decide THE FATE OF THIS NATION.
39. Clearly, this is not a game, the risks are very serious and THERE WILL BE NO MORE BARGAINING.
40.We cannot even imagine the nightmare and bad luck that will befall us.
41. Firstly, are we willing to allow Islam and Islamic teachings be ridiculed and insulted in this country?
42. Secondly, will we have the heart to see the Monarchy Institution to be shown disrespect, or to suffer treason…while Malay and Bumiputera institutions of pride, such as MARA, Felda, as well as Tabung Haji, be marginalised…
43. Similarly, UiTM, the institution of pride for Bumiputera UMNO, will suffer the same fate and will definitely be sabotaged from achieving its objectives if the opposition were to rule the country.
44. Further more, should the opposition take over power, the civil servants who have been the backbone of the Government all this while would very soon be reduced in number…
45. And,... obviously the opponents would trample on the special rights of Malay Bumiputeras as the native descendants of this country and pawn away the position.
46. Worse still, the Bumiputeras will be cast aside, insulted and damned, and left destitute in our own country.
47. So, we must be aware that the party's Annual Assembly and the upcoming General Election are not only for UMNO, or Barisan Nasional...in fact, IT IS FOR ALL OF US...ITS A CRUCIAL MISSION… to ensure the SURVIVAL...that is the future destiny of the people and country on the whole. Brothers and Sisters, Fellow Members in my Big UMNO Family,
48. From there, let us think for a while,...if UMNO, Barisan Nasional and the country were to fall into the hands of the opposition.
Would we be able to meet in this sacred hall again in the future?
49. Will we still hear the salutation of Salawat on our beloved Prophet Muhammad,… SOL - LAL - LA H - HU, A'LAI - HI, WA SAL - LAM ...
50. Will UMNO's anthem and patriotic songs be allowed to be played? Will UMNO's flag continue to fly?
51. Can we hold back our tears when we are no longer able to gather like this in a big family as brothers and sisters of UMNO?
52. Only then will we realise and understand the benefits of a UNION, fighting for the same cause under UMNO umbrella.
53. But,...by then, it will no longer have any meaning...it will be the end of the true Malay story...the nobat and the nafiri will no longer be played.
54. At that time, when the children of our grandchildren asked why we failed and allowed all these to happen,...
55. The answer is,...with a face of a million regrets and teary eyes, we could only say to them,...
FORGIVE US.., FORGIVE US...FOR OUR SINS...
56. Therefore, my fellow comrades, I call upon all of you, if we do not want all these to happen....
Solemnly VOW and PROMISE...BE LOYAL AND MAKE A PLEDGE...that...
LET THE LIGHTNING STRIKES. LET HEAVEN AND EARTH COLLIDE. UNTIL OUR LAST DROP OF BLOOD, WE WILL DEFEND THIS GOVERNMENT. THIS COUNTRY MUST NOT FALL INTO OPPONENT'S HAND.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
57. When we discuss the compass direction or the rights of the people as voters in every election, I do not want us to repeat the mistakes and carelessness which had occurred in the 13th General Election.
58. Everybody knew then that UMNO was not weak. In fact...we won and increased the number of our parliamentary seats from 79 to 88. But, due to the opposition's dirty tactics, we fell victim to the POLITICS OF PERCEPTION.
59. It was also called the WAR OF PERCEPTION, in which we almost lost. In reality, we were factually on the right track and we fought hard compared to the opposition, who were full of drama and were only good at acting.
60. Another thing which needs clarification in this context is that UMNO IS NOT A RACIST PARTY. If it is, it will not be possible for it to be accepted to wisely lead other component parties of various races in Barisan Nasional for all this years.
61. I repeat, with firmness, UMNO IS NOT ANTI-CHINESE. However, evidently, the Chinese and some Indians have been dragged into the trap of becoming victims of the perception and LIES of the opposition.
62. UMNO, actually is above all because we have been enjoying diversity in the country and we believe in having a harmonious relationship to live together by way of inter-dependence and complementing one another.
63. Speaking of perception, for example in the last general election, the opposition harped on all kinds of false news to tarnish the image of the party and government in the eyes of the people.
64. A lie was created that 40,000 voters had been imported from Bangladesh.
65. Furthermore, it was alleged that the indelible ink used could easily fade and could be removed.
66. In fact, at the 13th General Election, at about 4 am, an opposition leader kept LYING to the people that they had won the election.
67. How could he say that they had won, the election had yet to be held? Like the people of Perak say "nampak benor menipunya (he obviously lied)".
68. This is the modus operandi of the opposition. If you do not believe me, see for yourself during the 14th General Election. They will continue to disseminate LIES, raising all kinds of issues, and will even become more aggressive, more cunning, simply to win the people's support.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
69. This is the reality that is taking place. For example, in the party, at coffee shops in the mornings and evenings, at the branch and divisional meetings, we cannot but discuss who those people are who are our genuine supporters, and who will select us in the election.
70. Thus, we are faced with the issue of the voters having been divided into several groups.
71. Firstly, surely party members, in fulfilling their responsibility, will vote for our party. Secondly, there are those people who will vote for the opposition. Thirdly, the most important group that we have to approach and win over are those who are impartial to either side or more precisely the PERSUADABLE VOTERS.
72. As such, for this significant group of voters, we have to make it our main agenda to undertake efforts to persuade them, through various kinds of campaigns and approaches.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
73. Two nights ago, I observed the speech delivered by YAB Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi, my good friend and deputy (president), at the joint opening of the assemblies of the party wings.
74. Yesterday, I also had the opportunity to listen to the speeches of the Wanita UMNO chief, UMNO Youth chief and Puteri UMNO chief.
75. I was able to conclude that all of them successfully touched on the major issues and challenges in advising the members to be prepared for the general election, and they UNDERSTOOD well the OBJECTIVE of this general assembly.
76. Hence, as the President and Prime Minister, my speech will cut across all that has been raised and serve as a conclusion for all.
77. As such, I will recall and highlight the various transformations that we have drawn up in the bigger context, encompassing ALL THE SUCCESSES AND ACHIEVEMENTS THAT HAVE BEEN GARNERED BY UMNO, THE BARISAN NASIONAL AND THE GOVERNMENT DURING THE EIGHT YEARS OF THIS LEADERSHIP.
PART III: HIGHLIGHTS OF THE EIGHT YEARS OF LEADERSHIP OF THE PARTY, BARISAN NASIONAL AND GOVERNMENT IN THE TRANSFORMATION OF UMNO, BARISAN NASIONAL AND GOVERNMENT
Ladies and Gentlemen,
78. In fact, since I started to helm UMNO, the Barisan Nasional and the Government, on 26 March 2009 and then on 3 April 2009, in assuming the post of Prime Minister, I did not waste time in launching various strategic transformations under the umbrella of the National Transformation Policy that was officially declared on 2010.
79. First of all, in UMNO, we carried out an UNPRECEDENTED BOLDEST and MOST DEMOCRATIC Political Transformation.
80. Seven amendments were made in the constitution at the Special UMNO General Assembly 2009 to open up party-wide elections to over 150,000 members to ensure UMNO remains dynamic, inclusive and relevant forever.
81. In comparison, (the opposition party) DAP has been dominated over the past 50 years by its ADVISOR and A DYNASTY OF CHILDREN.
82. So, where is the democracy that has been much-talked about? Evidently only in name. Even at the DAP re-election of the CEC (Central Executive Committee), only 54% of the delegates turned up.
83. I have not yet come to the party of the 'Bunga Raya', (a flower) long ago referred to as 'Kembang Sepatu' (Hibiscus), a party now led by a former UMNO leader and a former statesman.
84. It is easy to talk. If a party fails to even hold a meeting, how can it ever govern the country?
85. When the election is upon us, and if they have yet to settle their affairs in accordance with the constitution that they themselves have drawn up, they should not blame anyone else, especially the government. Right?
86. Sorry to say, but we also do not see the values that the Bunga Raya party is trying to promote. They say they want to fight for the Malays and Islam but they are working with and clearly being used as a tool by the DAP, a party that had been anti-Malay and anti-Islam. In the DAP constitution, there is no mention of Islam as the federal religion; in fact, their objective is to make the country fully secular.
87. As for (Tun Dr) Mahathir (Mohamad), it was on this stage that he reminded us that MALAYS FORGET EASILY, but as for us, this man has crossed the line when he is ready to work with his political adversaries and foes in principle of scores of years, and it is only to fulfill HIS PERSONAL AND FAMILY AGENDA.
88. Of course, going by the old saying, oil and water never mix.
89. Obviously, the MALAYS FORGET EASILY slogan refers to him. People like us, who adhere to our philosophy of struggle, InsyaAllah (God willing), do not at all become MALAYS WHO EASILY FORGET like them!!!
Ladies and Gentlemen, Fellow Malaysians,
90. Almost two months ago, Alhamdulillah (Praise be to God), I tabled on behalf of the Barisan Nasional government a budget respected by friend and foe, a most inclusive MOTHER OF ALL BUDGETS with an unprecedented largest allocation.
91. The Bumiputera economic empowerment agenda remains as the National Agenda through the Bumiputera Well-being Transformation Policy.
92. Among the outcomes, the Carve-Out and Compete initiative for Bumiputeras achieved a contract value of over RM61 billion.
93. This proves that Bumiputera contractors are becoming more competitive and capable. The world-class MRT (Mass Rapid Transit) project was not only completed ahead of schedule without comprising quality but also saved more than RM2 billion in costs.
94. Of course, the MRT is a success story and an eye-opener as a symbol for transparency, proof of the capability of our children in various fields of engineering. They can succeed. Well done!
95. The same goes for the infra-rakyat projects, the proposed East Coast Rail Link and High-Speed Rail. As for the people of Sabah and Sarawak, we will complete the Pan Borneo Highway stretching 2,325 kilometres being built at a cost of almost RM30 billion that will benefit the indigenous people and Malaysia.
Ladies and Gentlemen, Fellow Malaysians,
96. Indeed, the Barisan Nasional government led by UMNO is most concerned with the interests of all the people.
97. The Chinese have been provided allocations for, among others, education, and have benefited from business loans and reduced taxes.
98. For the Indians, we have launched the Malaysian Indian Blueprint that will bring the Indians into the mainstream and raise their socio-economic status comprehensively.
99. For the first time, I announced the biggest allocation yet of RM6.5 billion for farmers, fishermen, smallholders, livestock breeders and rubber tappers.
100. This brings to almost RM63 billion the total allocation for the agricultural and rural development sectors in the eight years of this administration.
101. Additionally, another RM6.5 billion was provided for basic infrastructure, which helps to improve the quality of life and well-being of more than 6.2 million Malaysians in the rural areas including in Sabah and Sarawak.
102. The intellectuals say the success of UMNO and the Barisan Nasional in governing and driving the success of Malaysia is very evident and bright, not like the shine of the banana stem but the brightness of the sun and stars.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
103. The opposition parties supposedly champion the affairs of the people, but they are only busy play-acting.
104. That's why there are four captains in one opposition party " a de facto leader, a chairman, a president and an advisor. They cannot even solve a conflict in the party, just imagine how they can take over the national administration.
105. The PAS president himself said that in (the opposition) Pakatan Harapan, there are leaders who are rogues. We are not saying this. PAS had been affiliated with PKR and DAP (in the opposition pact). So, surely, that party knows who the rogues are and who the real leaders are.
106. This is contrary to the practice in UMNO and the Barisan Nasional. Through various forms of Political Transformation, we practise the PERSUASIVE and UNIFIER approaches to strengthen the party and the government.
107. In other words, UMNO has matured and practises healthy politics and is inclined towards UNIFIER politics which is non-confrontational or not characterised by quarrelsome people who cause embarrassment or are willing to engage in character assassination.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
108. From the economic point of view, the opposition has relentlessly spread lies, saying that Malaysia is a failed state and will become bankrupt.
109. But the fact is that the country's Gross Domestic Product for the third quarter of 2017 was 6.2%, which is among the highest in the world.
110. In fact, the current economic position proves to be much better than the country's GDP in 1998, which was -7.4%, under the leadership of the former statesman.
111. The latest international reserves now stands at RM429 billion, compared to only RM59.1 billion during the Asian economic crisis in 1997/1998.
112. Just think...even when the reserves stood as low as RM59.1 billion, not including the missing RM31 billion, the country was still not accused of being bankrupt.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
113. Indeed, our success stories were not just stories, but instead the facts of our achievements have been acknowledged and recognised by rating bodies, not only at the national level, but also in the international arena.
114. Recently, according to the Global Competitiveness Report 2017/2018 by World Economic Forum, Malaysia was ranked 23rd (out of 137 countries in terms of global competitiveness), and hence become the Top Emerging Economy in this region.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
115. Education, right from preschool level to primary and secondary levels, is free, while at the university or tertiary level, 90% of the costs are borne by the Government.
116. The results, the QS University Ranking 2017/2018 reported that five of our research universities were listed among the one% of the world's best...Well done to the higher education industry players.
117. In this regard, it was obvious that the opposition could not keep their promise to provide free higher education. Even at the state government-owned Universiti Selangor, the students still have to pay the fees, nothing is free. In fact, I was told that the fees are quite high.
And who were being lied to? The people!!! This is what we don't want!
118. Moving on ladies and gentlemen. Since 2010, the Government has allocated over RM192 billion to provide quality health services to the people.
119. Now, we have 356 1Malaysia Clinic which have received 26.7 million visitors. Imagine...where in the world can you find a country which provides health service for only one ringgit? EXCEPT HERE, BY THE GOVERNMENT LED BY UMNO AND BARISAN NASIONAL.
120. Sometimes, we even provides a handful types of medicines to the patients.
121. The cost of maternity care and delivery at government hospital can also be as low as RM50 compared to the average charge of RM5,000 imposed by private hospitals.
122. What's more, for each child born in Malaysia after Jan 1, 2018, the Government will present them with RM200 each in the form of trust fund in the Amanah Dana Anak Malaysia 2050 or ADAM50, a newly introduced scheme.
123. Ladies and Gentlemen...in this regard, I was told by the Puteri UMNO chief that a lot of Puteri members will be answering the call for ADAM50, but of course...Wanita UMNO members can also do so.
124. In another development, ever since the Government Transformation Programme was implemented in 2010, various successes and good results have been seen.
125. The UTC, for example, which has become the game changer in Public Service, has been recognised as the best Government service model in the world.
126. UTC has been praised because all its One-Stop Centres are capable of operating from 8.30 am to 10 pm, seven days a week.
127. We are proud and grateful for that. There is no other countries in the world that can offer such a service to the people, except...in MALAYSIA UNDER THE GOVERNMENT LED BY UMNO AND BARISAN NASIONAL.
128. On another aspect, ever since BR1M was introduced, over RM25 billion had been distributed and this not including the 2018 BR1M payments involving RM6.8 billion ringgit which will benefit over seven million recipients, who will receive up to RM1,200 each.
129. About BR1M, the opposition once accused us of using it to bribe the people, but now, it seems that they have made a U-turn, saying that if they were to rule, they would adopt our BR1M's targetted-subsidy concept.
Inilah perangai depaaa ,... apa namaaa ,... Asyik dok U-turn, U-turn, dan U-turn,...
(It's their habit...what is...keep on making U-turn, U-turn and U-turn...)
130. Furthermore, we have also established over 180 1Malaysia People's Shops (KR1M), which sell essential items at a much lower price. Next year, we will upgrade KR1M to KR1M 2.0, which I will personally launch soon.
131. Speaking about GST, it was proven effective in saving our economy because without the collection of RM41 billion from the GST, how can the country cover the expenses needed for the people.
132. The opposition, on the other hand, until today, still could not reach a consensus on whether or not to accept the GST system, some say it has been accepted but zero-rated,...and the latest news, Lim Guan Eng is asking for half (of the collection) to be given to Penang government, and some propose to return to the SST system.
133. Hrmm,... that is the opposition...like I said before...THE ONLY THING CONSISTENT WITH THEM AS THE OPPOSITION IS THAT, THEY ARE CONTINUOUSLY INCONSISTENT.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
134. On toll collection, as announced in the 2018 Budget, the Barisan Nasional Government has agreed to abolish the toll collection at Batu Tiga and Sungai Rasau in Selangor; Bukit Kayu Hitam, Kedah; and Eastern Dispersal Link, Johor.
135. Unfortunately, our noble effort was manipulated by the opposition who claimed that the toll abolishment will increase the people's burden.
That is another LIE.
136. Isn't Mahathir used to be the Father of All Tolls...
Ladies and Gentlemen,
137. To all Malaysian citizens, especially the young people, the Government had so far created 2.26 million job opportunities, with a target to see 3.3 million people securing new jobs by 2020.
138. In fact, in the era of Digital Economy, and the launch of the DFTZ, which will turn Malaysia into the world's first digital economy hub outside China, it is estimated that over 60,000 high-income job opportunities will be created for the young people.
139. Besides, the development of Tun Razak Exchange is expected to generate RM40 billion for our economy and create 40,000 job opportunities.
140. The development of Bandar Malaysia, on the other hand, is expected to generate around RM170 billion and create over 200,000 job opportunities, hence becoming the Most Modern Smart City in the region.
141. Apart from that, the development of Menara Warisan Merdeka - PNB will also create an economic network amounting to RM11 billion and create over 10,000 new job opportunities. The 118-storey tower is so far expected to be the WORLD'S THIRD TALLEST BUILDING.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
142. Indeed, the UMNO-led Government will continue upholding the status of Islam and Islamic teachings based on Maqasid Syariah, following these three priorities.
143. Dho'ruriyat, which is the main basic necessities; Haajiyat, which what human needs to remove severity and hardship; and Tahsiniyat, which is luxurious needs to attain refinement and perfection in life.
144. The same goes to the Principle of Wasatiyyah in developing the country to the extent of being recognised by the whole world as a model of an advanced, progressive and dynamic Islamic country.
145. As such, at the international level, Kuala Lumpur has been practising a good and open policy with other countries, especially the super powers like China, United States, Japan, India and Saudi Arabia.
146. The Grand Imam of Masjidil Haram, Sheikh Dr. Saleh A-lu Talib, who visited Malaysia last week, also opined that in upholding Islam among the multi-racial society, MALAYSIA IS INDEED ON THE RIGHT TRACK.
147. While praising the principle of TAWAZUN or the WASATIYYAH approach adopted by Malaysia, which rejected extremism ideology, such as IS and Daesh, he said the country obviously did not uphold a more liberal ideology.
148. Because of that, he explained that this country has not only become the HOPE of Muslims in the region, but also respected by the whole Islamic World.
149. In other words, Malaysia is THE TRUE FACE OF ISLAM. THE PEACEFUL CO-EXISTENCE OF DIFFERENT FAITHS CAN HAPPEN IN MALAYSIA, BUT NOT EASY TO FIND IN OTHER ISLAMIC COUNTRIES.
150. In this context, we are grateful when the score for the Malaysian Syariah Index this year rose to 76.06%.
151. On the side of humanity, Malaysia will continue to show its concern and play an active role worldwide, especially in helping fellow Muslims across the globe, such as in Myanmar and Palestine.
152. Interestingly, we are the first country in the world to provide a Field Hospital in Cox's Baazar, Bangladesh, specifically for Rohingya refugees.
Tan Sri Permanent Chairman, My Fellow Comrades,
153. Indeed...UMNO has never and will never ever compromise with any quarters in matters involving an insult to Islam, not only in Malaysia, but in any other place in the world.
154. So, earlier this week when we were shocked by United States' proposal to recognise one of the three Holy Lands for Muslims, Baitul Maqdis, as the capital of Israel, I am confident and believe that none of us, the Muslims, will be able to accept that, ever.
155. Hence, as UMNO President and Prime Minister of Malaysia, I call on all party leaders, delegates, members, here and at home, wherever you are, to rise and make our voice heard...so that the world hear the Malaysian Muslims when we say...
WE STRONGLY, AND FOREVER WILL, REJECT THE PROPOSAL TO RECOGNISE BAITUL MAQDIS AS THE CAPITAL OF ISRAEL.
Ya Allah Ya Tuhan, ...
Kami berlindung denganMu dari kejahatan musuh kami,...
DiKau satukanlah hati - hati kami, ...
DiKau cerai - beraikan himpunan mereka ,...
DiKau pisahkan lah kesatuan mereka, ...
DiKau goncangkan serta hancurkan lah perancangan mereka.
Allahu Akbar!! Allahu Akbar!! Allahu Akbar!!
Ladies and Gentlemen,
156. In this regard, I share the view of Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi when he said in his speech that we have to be colour blind in matters involving humanity. That is why we practise MUSYAWARAH OR DISCUSSIONS IN UMNO AND BARISAN NASIONAL, JUST LIKE ONE BIG FAMILY.
157. Like an old Malay saying that if not much, a little will do�the struggle may not be shared by the whole Muslims in Malaysia, but it is indeed represented by the UMNO-led Malaysian Government.
158. In regards to PAS, OUR STAND IS CLEAR, THAT OUR RELATIONS WITH THEM ARE BASED ON THE INTERESTS OF ISLAM AND THE UMMAH, EVEN WITH OUR POLITICAL DIFFERENCES.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
159. In uplifting the status of Islam, the UMNO-led Government has been, for years, providing necessary aid and assistance to Imams, Bilals, KAFA teachers, Takmir teachers, and even Tok Siak, who numbered over 65,000 nationwide.
160. The Government will also continue to develop, upgrade, repair and maintain tahfiz centres across the country through cooperation with GIAT MARA, with an allocation of RM50 million, to ensure that those centres remain safe, conducive and comfortable.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
161. When I announced a financial allocation to upgrade the Penang International Airport, the Chief Minister was most grateful.
162. However, when it came to the vote to approve Budget 2018, the opposition MPs led by the DAP rejected the budget.
163. In fact, during the massive floods in Penang on Nov 5 this year, Lim Guan Eng, the Chief Minister, pleaded for help crying as he telephoned YAB Deputy Prime Minister asking for aid, saying 'Save Penang... save Penang'.
164. Clearly, once again, DAP showed its stripes. Not only did it not support Budget 2018, it also rejected the aid under the budget extended by the federal government. And, it was they who had pleaded and made the request.
165. After that, the Deputy Prime Minister and I went to Penang. The federal government was blamed for not giving aid during the floods. This is again another LIE.
166. This is also the manifestation of the DAP unpleasant behaviour. As the old Malay saying goes: 'Susu yang kita hulurkan, tuba pula jadi balasan' (biting the hand that feeds).
Ladies and Gentlemen,
167. As the UMNO leadership helming the government urges national unity and mutual respect among the communities, it seems that the opposition has a narrow viewpoint in terms of the political, ethnic and racial aspects.
168. As for the government, no matter what the ethnicity or race, all the more than 32 million people of this country are 1MALAYSIA CHILDREN.
169. Strangely, a former UMNO president who is now the main leader of an opposition party is still trapped in the thinking of the colonialists, so much so that he is willing to discredit the descendants of the Bugis.
170. How low is this kind of mentality? UMNO celebrates ethnic diversity and the Malays. We have even recognised the 'MAMAK MALABARI' of KERALA as Malays, and we have not asked for them to return to their home country.
171. In the case of the other person, I visited him in the hospital as he was unwell, and because we are old friends. I only made a VISIT, which is why I brought my wife along.
172. But our sincerity was misunderstood. He was sarcastic in his poem.
173. Listen to his reply ...
Burung Merpati Terbang Sekawan,
Hinggap Seekor Di Atas Dahan,
Kita Sahut 'Lawan Tetap Lawan',
Di Pilihanraya Bertarunglah Seperti Anak Jantan.
(We will fight in the election.)
LEARNING FROM 'SIRAH' (LIFE OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD) AND HISTORY
Fellow Party Members,
174. So, before we march onto the battleground, as UMNO President, I have faith and trust in the hard work done at every level and by each of the party wings all these years, especially in the moments which take us into the final phase of the preparation for the 14th General Election.
175. So, as part of the UMNO and Barisan Nasional preparation, I want to invite all parties to take note of Allah's words in the Quran.
176. These include the A - li I'mran, An - Nasru, An - Namlu and Al - Ankabut verses which state that those who strive towards His blessings, We will show them the way to victory. Truly, Allah is with people who strive and are patient.
177. This means that it is Allah's reminder that we must always have faith in Him, in every move and plan in life, whether in our personal, family and community affairs, as well as organisation, government and the nation.
178. We have been advised to learn from experience and history. If we look at the struggles of the prophets, the leaders of the great civilisations, especially our Prophet Muhammad ...
179. There have been more than 50 'jihad' during his time in Madinah, and he himself took part in almost 30.
180. In the contemporary context, the JIHAD by UMNO and Barisan Nasional is upholding the principles of leadership, governance and management, struggles and wisdom.
181. As such, we must incorporate these values into the party's struggle. In the last eight years, I have discussed almost all of this on this very stage.
182. These include great values such as sacrifice, loyalty, discipline within organisations, patience, brotherhood, resilience, patriotism, moderation, solidarity, and most important of all, remaining steadfast as a community.
183. Similarly, another important episode which should be taken as an example is the Opening of the City of Palestine by the second Caliph of Islam, Saidina Umar Al - Khatab, around the year 16 Hijrah, after the victory of the Battle of Yarmouk over the forces of Rome.
184. The interesting aspect that we should emulate from the opening of Palestine is the leadership, strategy and wisdom of Saidina Umar in winning the hearts of the people, which correspond with the policies of UMNO and Barisan Nasional that we have always upheld, which is taking the PERSUASIVE and UNIFIER approaches, which are the POLITICS OF PERSUASION AND UNIFICATION.
185. On that basis, all of us in UMNO and Barisan Nasional must fully appreciate the success of the JIHAD of the past leaders who did not just depend on prayers without real effort, strategy, planning and systematic implementation.
186. These have been clearly implemented by UMNO and Barisan Nasional in leading the government.
187. What this means is that JIHAD does not only mean fighting battles or brandishing the sword, but also refers to all aspects of managing life in this world and the hereafter.
188. Therefore, we can say that in all humility that UMNO, which has led Barisan Nasional for six decades, has done its level best.
189. As the Prime Minister, I am happy to announce that up to November 2017, the Barisan Nasional government has implemented 97.6% of the 17 initiatives and 156 strategic initiatives it has pledged.
PART V: 5 ADVICE AND BATTLE CRY TO ENSURE VICTORY IN GE14
My Fellow Party Members,
190. From this moment on, strengthen your resolve. We will march onto the battlefield, towards success in the coming general election, armed with FIVE PIECES OF ADVICE AND A BATTLE CRY THAT WILL ENSURE VICTORY IN GE14.
191. First: MOVE AS ONE TEAM.
192. This means, this time, to ensure a big victory, do not be hesitant. We have to move as a united force, which is strong and effective.
As the saying goes...
Tiada air orang tayamum,
Tayamum itu debu dan tanah,
Ketua memimpin ahlinya makmum,
Barulah UMNO mendapat berkah.
(Leaders must lead and members follow them, and UMNO will benefit.)
193. All Wanita UMNO members, you are no longer just the backbone of the party but are now the Best Mothers of the Race.
194. Uphold the trust and responsibility that have been accorded to you as commandant of the half-a-million members and the machinery of JR Plus.
195. So, Wanita UMNO, armed with the SPIRIT OF WOMEN AS WARRIORS OF THE RACE... go forth to the people... strike the forts of the adversaries... and THE BATTLE MUST BE WON!!!
Ladies and Gentlemen,
196. Members of UMNO Youth, move with courage, as warriors who are the hope of the party and race, and win over the new voters armed with the spirit of the success as the Overall Winners of the 29th SEA Games.. carry the torch of excellence so that we will garner a major victory in the 14th General Election.
197. Members of Puteri UMNO, as the youngest wing of the party, do not be shy, afraid or worried...mobilise the 'Puteri Peduli' Squad to win the hearts of the people to vote for UMNO and Barisan Nasional.
198. Second Advice and Call: MOVE WITH CONFIDENCE THAT WE ARE ON THE RIGHT AND TRUE PATH.
199. This refers to all members of UMNO and Barisan Nasional, move with idealism and loyalty as well as a sense of family which can never be separated.
200. Have absolute loyalty and obey all the instructions of the top leadership. When a candidate has been identified, do not boycott and sabotage him, but display undivided loyalty and support.
201. Move with a winning mentality ... without fear... no more doubts... to win the general election. With full focus... we are on the blessed path.
202. The Third Advice and Call: ACT SWIFTLY, RESOLVE CHALLENGES COLLECTIVELY AND AS A FAMILY
203. We must never become disheartened during battle. If you are lost, go back to base.
Keistimewaan Nabi dengan mukjizat,
Kelebihan Umat dengan muafakat.
(The strength of the people lies in consensus.)
204. Hold discussions as collective decisions are blessed by Allah.
205. Advice and Fourth Call: GO FORTH INTO THE CYBER AND DIGITAL WORLD AS CYBER WARRIORS
206. This is because, in this election, the real battle is in the cyber and digital world. If we fail to conquer it, what we have fought for all this time will go to waste.
207. I am sure everyone has this (IT) 'tool'.
208. So, use it well. Do not depend on any group of people because there are more than three million UMNO members or more than seven million Barisan Nasional members. EVERYONE IS ACTUALLY A CYBER WARRIOR.
209. And the last Advice and Call: FIGHT WITH A STRONG SPIRIT AND RESOLVE THAT WE HAVE DONE THE BEST AND PLANNED THE BEST, SO WE LEAVE THE REST TO ALLAH
210. So, to all members and machinery of UMNO and Barisan Nasional, our mission is one, our main objective is ONLY ONE, to retain UMNO and Barisan Nasional as the party THAT IS THE FIRST CHOICE OF THE PEOPLE.
For, UMNO is THE IMPLEMENTER OF WISDOM OF THE ELDERS, TRUE HOPE FOR THE WELL-BEING OF THE NATION.
211. As per God's words in the Quran, we have been bestowed with the ability to think, two eyes to see, a tongue to speak, two hands to take action and two roads to choose to determine the direction of our lives, those of our families, the community and the nation.
212. So, whether we like it or not, we must win the hearts of the people and convince them that the time has come for them to use the wisdom that has been given by God to make a decision as a judge during this general election.
The two choices are:
213. Whether to head towards the light which is obvious and will clearly take the nation forward under the leadership of UMNO and Barisan Nasional, which have been proven to be progressive and hold an irrefutable track record of performance.
214. Or take the road which is not only bleak and unclear under the grip of the DAP Dynasty which is groping aimlessly, dismally filled with lies, which will eventually drag us BACK TO THE DARK AGES, WITH PRACTICES OF CRONYISM AND DICTATORSHIP.
215. And strangely enough, there are those who are still willing to be led by a person who is in his TWILIGHT YEARS, when even former President Mugabe of Zimbabwe, who is of the same age, has been rejected by his own people.
216. What is most important is that the UMNO BARISAN NASIONAL government will take Malaysia to be not just a champion in this region but our agenda is to be superior and the best towards TN50, listed as the top 20 countries in the world and we will continue to keep the bar high for Malaysia,... PAR EXCELLENCE IN THIS WORLD, PAR EXCELLENCE IN THE NEXT.
217. Therefore, TO ENSURE A MAJOR VICTORY THIS TIME, I WANT TO REMIND EVERYONE, DO NOT BE LIKE THE CHISEL. NO MATTER HOW SHARP IT IS, IT WILL ONLY MOVE WHEN IT IS HIT. BUT BE LIKE THE SAW WHICH IS SHARP AND PRODUCES RESULTS AS IT IS MOVED TO AND FRO.
218. As people say, A MOTHER'S LOVE TAKES YOU TO HEAVEN, A FATHER WILL SACRIFICE EVERYTHING, OUR LOVE FOR THE PARTY HAS NO BOUNDS.
219. With the major victory in the 11th Sarawak State Election, which began with the call made by the late 'Apai Besai' Tan Sri Adenan Satem, now continued by YAB (Datuk Patinggi) Abang Jo, may the flaring spirit of 'Bumi Kenyalang' (Land of the Hornbills) be just as strong in peninsular Malaysia.
220. And just as the patriotic spirit of the people of Sabah stands tall like the Kinabalu and will not allow an inch of Lahad Datu to be taken, we will spread the sails of the UMNO and BARISAN NASIONAL SHIP to head towards victory.
221. As such, come on.. let us prove that UMNO is not just for the Malay Bumiputeras, not just to lead Barisan Nasional,... but UMNO is truly a ...
SACRED PARTY FOR ALL MALAYSIANS.
222. Kendati itu, kalau digantung kita tinggi,... biar dicincang kita lumat, ... namun,... menyerah tidak sekali - kali. (we will never give up)
WE WILL BATTLE ALL-OUT!!
WE WILL DEFINITELY WIN THIS ELECTION!!
WE WILL DEFINITELY DEFEND PUTRAJAYA!!
In Allah we trust our lives and this party.
LONG LIVE UMNO!
LONG LIVE BARISAN!
LONG LIVE MALAYSIA!