JOHOR BARU: A sealer machine caught fire at a packing room of an operation theatre at Sultanah Aminah Hospital (HSA) here on Saturday.
Johor Health, Environment, Information and Education Committee chairman Datuk Ayub Rahmat said no one was injured during the incident at around 3.50pm.
He said initial investigation revealed that a nurse had noticed a spark coming from the machine and had put out the small fire according to protocol.
"No other areas or tools were affected.
The Fire and Rescue Department had arrived at the scene at about 4pm for further investigation," he said in a statement Sunday.
Ayub said the affected area had to be quarantined and four operation theatres were temporarily closed for safety.
"However, scheduled surgeries were conducted at other operation theatres on that day as there were other sealer machines available.
"The sealer machine is used to wrap surgery tools before they are sent to the central sterile service unit (CSSU) for sterilisation," he added.
Ayub said all operating theatres resumed operations on Sunday morning.
We're sorry, this article is unavailable at the moment. If you wish to read this article, kindly contact our Customer Service team at 1-300-88-7827. Thank you for your patience - we're bringing you a new and improved experience soon!