Teen claims gang raped at abandoned house by boys she met on WeChat


  • Nation
  • Sunday, 30 Jul 2017

The abandoned house.

KOTA KINABALU: A 15-year-old student was allegedly gang raped at an abandoned house by a group of boys she met via WeChat.

The girl, who says she was raped by five suspects aged between 13 and 18 at the house in Menggatal near here at around 3pm on June 14, lodged a report over the incident on July 26.

The five suspects were nabbed less than 24 hours after the report was filed and have been remanded until Aug 3.

Inside the abandoned house.

It is not known why the report was made more than a month after the incident.

Kota Kinabalu police chief Asst Comm M. Chandra said the girl claimed that when she met the boys, they had invited her to go for a walk to an abandoned house and she had followed them.

"Later, she told them that she did not want to continue but the boys allegedly forced her to follow, saying that they only wanted to talk and would send her home after that," he said when contacted.

Inside the abandoned house. 

Upon reaching the abandoned house, the suspects and the girl chatted for several minutes, ACP Chandra said.

After that, the victim said she was made to lie down before the suspects took turns to rape her.

ACP Chandra said investigations are ongoing but declined to give more details of the incident or background of the victim and suspects.

 

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 0
Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!
   

Next In Nation

Anwar: GLICs, GLCs play a role in realising Malaysia Madani concept
Dr Wee attends CNY dinner organised by Negri MCA
Rapid Bus gets DBKL’s support to launch intermediate bus service
Selangor PBM dissolves wings and divisions across the state
Dewan Rakyat Speaker rubbishes claims son appointed as special officer
Dengue cases dropped by almost 18% last week
I sell food to support my three sons, says Emilia
Landslide: Jalan Persiaran Senawang 3 unsafe, temporarily closed
Feast of San Pedro in danger of disappearing if massive land reclamation allowed
Ismail Sabri refutes Umno suspension rumours

Others Also Read