PETALING JAYA: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak has reiterated Malaysia's demand for justice for the victims of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 which was shot down in eastern Ukraine three years ago.
"It remains our foremost priority to seek justice for the families of those who perished.
"We will pursue and prosecute the perpetrators of this outrageous act. This is a tragedy that Malaysia will never forget," he said on Facebook on Monday.
Today, marks the third anniversary of the tragedy.
On July 17, 2014, the flight en route to Kuala Lumpur from Amsterdam, the Netherlands was shot down over eastern Ukraine, killing all 298 on board.
While most of the victims were Dutch, there were 17 nationalities on board including Australians, Britons, Malaysians and Indonesians.
"We lost 43 fellow Malaysians that day. For their loved ones, the memory of them will never fade.
"My deepest condolences and thoughts and prayers are with those whose loved ones were lost. Malaysia stands united with you," Najib said.
Transport Minister Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai also remembered the lives lost by tweeting: "Three years may have passed, but the memories of passengers and crew onboard will always be with all of us and they will be remembered dearly #MH17."
Investigations carried out by the Joint Investigation Team, comprising the Netherlands, Australia, Belgium, Malaysia and Ukraine, have determined that the aircraft was shot down by a Russian BUK missile system fired from a field.
Earlier this month, Dutch officials announced that the trial of suspects arrested in the shooting of the aircraft will be held in the Netherlands.