KUALA LUMPUR: Five senior editors and a photographer from The Star had their statements taken by the police in Bukit Aman.
They gave their full cooperation in the investigation into the newspaper's front page report and layout on Saturday.
They were specialist editor M. Shanmugam, executive editors Dorairaj Nadason, Rozaid Abdul Rahman, Brian Martin and Errol Oh, and photographer Mohd Sahar Misni.
They arrived at the national police headquarters here at 11.30am. It took around three hours for their statements to be recorded.
The team was accompanied by lawyers Amer Hamzah Arshad and New Sin Yew.
Earlier this week, editor-in-chief Datuk Leanne Goh Lee Yen and Dorairaj were suspended from their duties.
On Tuesday, Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar said police had opened an investigation paper on The Star's front page under the Sedition Act 1948 and Section 298A of the Penal Code.
He said the investigation was initiated after reports were lodged by members of the public.
On Monday, the Home Ministry issued The Star a show-cause letter over the front page and gave the newspaper seven days to reply.
The ministry later issued a statement, saying that it was disappointed with the headline on the front page and the accompanying photograph, which was unrelated.
It said that having the headline and the photograph on the same page was confusing and could lead to misunderstanding and prejudice against Muslims.