SEPANG: The Kim Jong-nam murder trial has been transferred to the Shah Alam High Court.
The decision was made yesterday after Sessions Court judge Harith Sham Mohamed Yasin, who was sitting as magistrate, allowed the application by DPP Muhammad Iskandar Ahmad.
The North Korean Embassy was represented in court for the first time, with counsel Datuk Jagjit Singh holding a watching brief.
Vietnamese Doan Thi Huong, 29, and Indonesian national Siti Aisyah, 25, have been charged with the murder of Jong-nam, half-brother of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un. He was killed at the KL International Airport 2 on Feb 13.
They face the mandatory death sentence if convicted.
Earlier, Siti Aisyah’s counsel Gooi Soon Seng told the court that the defence had written and sent reminders to the police and prosecution, seeking certain material but had not received any reply.
“My client mentioned pranks at the airport but when we asked the airport, they said it had been handed over to the police,” Gooi said, referring to CCTV footage of the airport that day.
DPP Muhammad Iskandar agreed that the prosecution was duty-bound to supply the material to the defence.
“The trial should be at the High Court, not here. I undertake to provide everything in bulk ... we have everything from the police.
“Let us compile it properly before handing it to the defence,” he said, pledging to do so before the trial started.