GEORGE TOWN: The JJPTR money game company’s official website is accessible again after being shut down for several days.
A check by The Star revealed that www.jjptr.com, which was reported to have been down since last Tuesday, was accessible to its investors again yesterday.
Other than the “register” and “log in” options, there was a line which read, “Site detail(s) is restricted to authorised user only. We are currently having meetings with international IBs (introduce brokers) prior to new system launching, in approximately 3 days.”
However, it is not known what the new system is all about.
There was also a list of the current agent ID numbers for all the countries and regions where JJPTR investors are from, namely Australia, Brunei, Myanmar, Cambodia, Canada, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Macau, New Zealand, the Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand and Malaysia.
An investor, when contacted yesterday, said he could now access his JJPTR account again.
“All my investment information is still there,” said the man, who declined to be named.
Meanwhile, a JJPTR employee said he had not heard from JJPTR founder Johnson Lee since earlier this month.
“I was told by some investors that the website had been reactivated but so far, the boss has not given us any instructions on the company’s future direction,” he said.
The message “Whoops, looks like something went wrong” had popped up whenever investors tried to access the JJPTR website since last Tuesday.
JJPTR had made headlines over the past month when the company claimed that it had lost US$400mil (RM1.738bil) to a purported “hacking job”.
A check yesterday showed that the eight JJPTR offices in Penang were still closed following raids by the authorities on May 12.
Lee and two of his aides were arrested by police on May 16 and released on police bail on May 23.