‘Cabinet decides whether bauxite mining can resume’


  • Nation
  • Wednesday, 21 Dec 2016

KUANTAN: The decision on whether to resume bauxite mining in Kuantan rests with the Cabinet, says Datuk Seri Wan Junaidi Tuanku Jaafar.

The Natural Resources and Environment Minister said improvements had been made on several procedures and conditions imposed on the operators, adding that Kuantan town had been cleaned up.

“This include clearance of the stockpiles of bauxite minerals in the port compound,” he said.

After visiting the site, Wan Junaidi said there was vast improvement over the pollution impact from bauxite mining.

Wan Junaidi said the operators, contractors, Kuantan Port Authority and the Pahang government lost millions of ringgit because of the temporarily ban imposed since January.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights

News , bureaus

   

Next In Nation

Covid-19: Gawai eve celebration led to new cluster in Sarawak
No OTP or texts received from banks, yet engineer's credit cards billed to the tune of RM40,000
Regular maintenance of train tracks under KVDT 2 still being carried out, says KTM
Fuel prices for June 24-30 unchanged across the board
Covid-19 likely to be endemic, may require different approach, says Dr Jemilah
Man nabbed after high-speed car chase, companion gets away
Uggah: Sarawak expecting 650,000 doses of CanSino vaccine to come in from mid-July
Seven arrested at birthday party in luxury condo, five test positive for drugs
Two babies unscathed, mums slightly hurt in car-ambulance collision
King congratulates Bonnie for breaking powerlifting record

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers