Malaysia condemns Cairo church bombing that killed 25


  • Nation
  • Wednesday, 14 Dec 2016

PETALING JAYA: Malaysia strongly condemns the deadly bombing at Cairo’s Church of St Peter and St Paul.

In a statement, Wisma Putra also extended its deepest condolences to the victims, families and the people and government of Egypt.

Twenty-five people were killed and 49 others injured in the blast during Sunday mass inside the Coptic Orthodox Cathedral situated in the Egyptian capital.

The Foreign Ministry said it would continue to monitor the situation through the Malaysian embassy in Cairo, which confirmed that there were no reports of any Malaysian casualties so far.

“The ministry wishes to remind all Malaysian citizens residing and travelling to Egypt to be vigilant at all times,” the statement read.

Malaysians in Egypt are advised to contact their embassy in Cairo for queries or assistance.

The embassy can be reached at Tel: +202 3761 0013 or +202 3761 0019 or via email at mwcairo@kln.gov.my

It is open 8am to 3pm Sunday to Thursday.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3

Government , cairo , bombing

   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

Next In Nation

Penang Hill listing could happen soon
‘Malaysian Breakfast’ for intangible heritage list?
Recognising our cultural diversity
Muhyiddin agrees to form Covid-19 advisory group
Dr Wee praises cop who postponed wedding in the name of duty
Paint manufacturing plant in Rawang suspected of releasing prohibited effluent
Sabah flood victims to receive food baskets, aid, says CM
Three medical associations express willingness to lend expertise in Covid-19 fight
Covid-19: 62 cases detected in Sarawak on Sunday (Jan 17)
Tributes continue to pour in for Tun Salleh Abas

Stories You'll Enjoy