A FOUR-YEAR-OLD boy died after he took medicine to treat high blood pressure which belonged to his grandmother, major Chinese dailies reported.
The family members of Li Xin Jie (pic) felt something amiss when the boy started to vomit at their house in Kampung Simpang Durian in Negri Sembilan on Friday, reported Sin Chew Daily.
They quickly checked with the boy and was told that he had taken the medicine.
His grandmother found several pills missing. Family members rushed him to the Kuala Pilah Hospital.
However, the boy, who is the eldest among three siblings, died the next day.
> A refrigerator with food and drinks for the needy has been put up in front of a shop in Jalan Salim, Segamat, reported Oriental Daily.
Businessman Tee Piaw Tian said he wanted to help the needy around the area and that his friend gave him a second-hand refrigerator for that purpose.
Since the fridge was put up a month ago, a few homeless people and those in need had helped themselves to the donated food.
Some people had also called Tee to express their wish to donate food to keep the project going.
“There is a man in his 50s who will come every day to check whether there is food in the fridge. He will then bring some food like fried eggs or biscuits to put inside,” said Tee.
? Found in Translation is compiled from the vernacular newspapers (Bahasa Malaysia, Chinese and Tamil dailies). As such, stories are grouped according to the respective language/medium. Where a paragraph begins with this ' >'sign, it denotes a separate news item.