One missing, another rescued in landslide in Segambut Dalam


KUALA LUMPUR: Rescue efforts are being carried out to search for a foreign worker who was buried in a minor landslide at a construction site along Jalan Segambut Dalam.

A Fire and Rescue Department spokesperson said the incident occurred at around 3.57pm on Tuesday.

“We dispatched 12 firemen and two fire engines to the scene.

“When they arrived at around 4.07pm, they found that two men had been buried alive under six metres of soil,” the spokesperson said.

The spokesperson said that they managed to pull out the first victim, identified as a 28-year-old Malaysian.

“He was alive and was rushed to the Hospital Kuala Lumpur for medical treatment.

Work is now underway to rescue the second victim.


   

Across The Star Online