IPOH: There have been three calls to condemn or express sympathy but none has led to any information that can track the whereabouts of the family of the two-year-old boy left to die by the roadside in Ampang.
A police spokesman said it was still unable to determine the identity of the boy or his home address.
“The calls were either to express concern or to condemn his parents.
“We also have one e-mail from Singapore, asking about the condition of the boy and expressing sympathy,” said the spokesman here yesterday.
It was earlier reported that the boy, who has brain haemorrhage, had been left in a box in Jalan Ampang on July 30 at about 1.30pm.
A passer-by sent him to the Raja Permaisuri Bainun Hospital, where he has now regained consciousness and is able to breathe on his own.
The spokesman said police suspected that the boy to be a victim of child abuse and urged witnesses to come forward with information.
When contacted, state Welfare Department director Rosmawati Ishak said she was unaware of the case.
Expressing her sadness over the matter, Perak Women For Women Society president Mable Wong said leaving the boy by the roadside was cruel and an act of wanton abuse.