Number of flood evacuees drops to 287


  • Nation
  • Friday, 22 Jul 2016

ALOR SETAR: The number of flood evacuees at four relief centres in Kedah has been reduced to 287 from 480 at the Yan and Pendang districts here.

Of the 17 centres, 13 centres in Kuala Muda and Baling were shut down yesterday.

State Disaster Management Committee’s Major (Civil Defence) Imran Azemi said the 287 villagers were from 87 families.

He said there were still 167 people taking shelter at three relief centres in Yan – Surau Kampung Batu 22, Surau Kampung Sungai Lintang and Dewan Shukor Yan as of 8pm yesterday.

The centres which had been closed in Yan were Surau Teroi Bukit, Titi Teras Mosque, Surau Nurul Huda Batu 18 1/2, Surau Kampung Lubuk Boi, Surau Kampung Setar and Surau Kg Sungai Malai.

In Pendang, the only relief centre still open is at Dewan Cenderawasih with 120 people from 36 families. The centre has been opened since 5pm on July 19.

The relief centres in Kuala Muda were closed on July 19, while the ones in Baling were shut down on July 20.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

Next In Nation

Bullets in the mail: Cops nab three, looking for one more over threat to Customs officer
PM: Covid-19 vaccines for 6.4mil Malaysians next year
Man arrested for allegedly raping eight-year-old after enticing her with candy
Colleagues of Gemilang cluster index patient in JB screened for Covid-19
Gerakan lodges MACC report over Penang’s funding for comics museum
Three lose a total of RM40k after being duped by separate loan scams
Man admits to threatening to kill his mother
Man charged with causing friend's death, hurting ex-wife
IGP, three others to file memorandum of appearance in mother of Dutch model's suit
Kedah cops nab seven, seize drugs worth more than RM18mil in jungle raids

Stories You'll Enjoy