KOTA BARU: All is not well in the schools struck by mass hysteria here with several incidents of students still being "possessed" reported over the past three weeks.
A check at three secondary schools here - SMK Pengkalan Chepa 1, SMK Pengkalan Chepa 2 and SMK Kemumin - showed that they had adopted a standard operating procedure of isolating students struck by hysteria at the resource centre to avoid others from being affected.
It was learnt that students of SMK Pengkalan Chepa 2 were allowed to leave school early on Tuesday after several female students suffered a hysteria attack.
Last week, students and teachers at SMK Kemumin said they found hundreds of marbles in the school before several students were struck by mass hysteria.
Without elaborating, all three school administrations said everything had returned to normal, except for "cases of one or two students hit by hysteria".
SMK Pengkalan Chepa 2 was hit by mass hysteria on April 12, affecting more than 100 students and teachers.
Over the next few days, three other schools - SMK Pengkalan Chepa 1, SMK Kemumin and SMK Kubang Kerian 3, all a 5km radius - were affected by the phenomenon.
In all the cases, the affected students claim that they saw "pocong", "pontianak" or black spectres during the attacks.
Did you find this article insightful?