Housewife scalded while cooking


  • Nation
  • Tuesday, 15 Mar 2016

GEORGE TOWN: A housewife was scalded on her body, head, hands and legs by hot oil when leaking gas caused a fire in the kitchen of her house at Mutiara Idaman, Solok Tengku, here, yesterday.

Her husband, identified as Razak, in his 30s, said he and his son were in the living room while his wife was cooking, when he heard her scream.

“I rushed to the kitchen and quickly doused a fire billowing where she was cooking.

“My wife was crying when I reached her and she told me that she had been scalded by hot cooking oil,” he said.

He said his wife was rushed to the Penang Hospital for treatment and was reported to be in stable condition.

Lebuh Pantai Fire and Rescue Station operations commander senior Supt 11 D. Rahman said they were alerted about the fire at 8.55pm and arrived at the house in 15 minutes.

He said firemen immediately moved the gas canister from the kitchen to an open area and ensured there would be no immediate risk of fire in the house. —Bernama

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3

Courts & Crime , fire , scalded

   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

Across the site