State offers homes to Penangites on PR1MA list


  • Nation
  • Thursday, 17 Dec 2015

GEORGE TOWN: The Penang government will offer affordable homes to PR1MA applicants from Penang, said state Housing Com-mittee chairman Jagdeep Singh Deo.

He suggested that the Federal Government and PR1MA Corpo-ration channel the list of applicants who are from Penang to the state Housing Department.

“We will vet them and ensure that they are eligible for affordable housing planned by the state and the private sector,” he told a press conference in Komtar yesterday.

In expressing his disappointment that he corresponded 13 times with the Federal Govern-ment on the PR1MA affordable housing issue but to no avail, Jagdeep said the state was open to receiving the list of applicants.

Jagdeep was reported in The Star on Nov 26 as saying that the National Housing Council had announced in August that PR1MA would be building 24,923 houses in Penang but none had been built to date.

The state has 12 projects in the pipeline offering 22,512 low-cost, low medium-cost and affordable units.

Sixteen private developers taking part in the state’s Public Private Partnership initiative have submitted applications to build 9,047 affordable homes.


Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 7
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Across The Star Online