PETALING JAYA: One of the lanes along the Karak Highway that was affected by the recent landslide will be closed until further notice.
The left lane heading towards Kuala Lumpur along the stretch will be closed to traffic, according to highway concessionaire Anih Berhad.
The company said in a statement Friday that works at KM52.4 of the highway were in progress to repair and install preventive mechanisms along the area.
Its vice-president Fazlyaton Hussein advised highway users, especially those heading towards Kuala Lumpur, to drive carefully when nearing the stretch and to follow road signs that had been set up.
He also said that traffic was expected to rise in the days to come in conjunction with the start of the school holidays from Nov 21.
He apologised for any inconvenience caused by the road works, urging the public to plan their journeys ahead of time, and to ensure that their vehicles were in good condition.
On Nov 11, the Lentang-Bukit Tinggi stretch of the highway was hit by a landslide at 6.30pm. Three vehicles and a lorry were buried in mud and debris but all occupants escaped to safety.