KUALA LUMPUR: Some members of the public could take Ali Tinju’s alleged racist conduct as “acceptable behaviour” since no action has been taken against him, said the MCA Youth Young Professionals Bureau.
Its chairman, Eric Choo Wei Sern, asked why police could not get sufficient evidence to charge him when the video of the alleged conduct was still available.
The video purportedly of Ali Tinju making the remarks “is still widely available on social media, yet the police are unable to find evidence,” he said.
Choo also wanted to know if the police had questioned those in the video and all connected with its making and for uploading it on social media.
“The MCA Youth Young Professionals Bureau would like to reiterate that there has yet to be any appropriate closure on the matter,” he said.
Last month, Malay Armed Forces Veterans’ Association president Mohd Ali Baharom – or Ali Tinju –was discharged by the Sessions Court over a charge of using seditious words during a riot at Low Yat Plaza in July.
The Deputy Public Prosecutor had withdrawn the charge.
On Thursday, Attorney-General Tan Sri Mohamed Apandi Ali told news portal The Malaysian Insider that there was insufficient evidence to pursue with the charge.
In a separate issue, MCA central committee member Datuk Lua Choon Hann reminded Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri of his Cabinet post and portfolio.
He said that as Rural and Regional Development Minister, Ismail should be working hard to improve the lives of rural folk regardless of their race.
He is a Malaysian Cabinet minister, not the “Malay Affairs Minister”, said Lua who was commenting on Ismail’s statement that the “banning of vaping would kill off the Malays’ bread and butter”.
Lua urged Ismail to stop making illogical statements from a racial perspective.
What do you think of this article?