Stranger who took three children on car ride arrested


  • Nation
  • Friday, 29 May 2015

THREE children went missing from home for 48 hours after they were lured by a man into his car.

In the incident last Saturday, the man told the children – a 13-year-old boy and two nine-year-old girls – that he was taking them for a ride to Gua Musang and Rantau Panjang, reported Shin Chew Daily.

The children had earlier been watching a football match on the big screen at the ground floor of their flats in Kota Baru.

He drove the children around to several districts in Kelantan before bringing them back to Kota Baru and booked them into a hotel.

He then made some inappropriate demands on the boy, but he refused.

The children later escaped when the man left the room, and they sought help from a policeman on patrol near the Kota Baru Stadium.

Police confirmed that a man had been arrested and that the children were safe and did not suffer any injury.

> The daily also reported about a mother from the Philippines who sparked outrage on the Internet after sharing photos of her naked young son crawling with a leash on his neck.

The appalling images showed the boy with a white rope tied to his neck, crawling and eating food from a bowl on the floor.

The woman reportedly captioned the picture of the boy as her new pet, much to the anger of online surfers, with some calling for action to be taken against her.

It is reported that the mother has been tracked down by the authorities and the boy taken into temporary custody.

> Found in translation is compiled from the vernacular newspapers (Bahasa Malaysia, Chinese and Tamil dailies). As such, stories are grouped according to the respective language/medium. Where a paragraph begins with a >, it denotes a separate news item.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3

Family & Community , chinese views

   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

Next In Nation

More evacuees in Kelantan, Pahang as flood situation improves in Terengganu
Law preventing M'sian mothers to confer nationality on their children is archaic and discriminatory, says Hannah Yeoh
Covid-19: Sabah Health Dept to widen community screenings in the state, says Masidi
Hisham: The world must fight fake news on Covid-19
Ousting of Ahmad Faizal may be due to past issues that upset Umno, claims Najib
Covid-19: Govt mulls reducing 14-day mandatory quarantine period for travellers arriving in Malaysia
Covid-19: Many new cases linked to clusters at construction sites in KL, says Health DG
State Pakatan leaders expected to have audience with Perak Ruler on Saturday (Dec 5)
Almost 500 clinics registered under Socso's Covid-19 screening programme, says MMA
Bersatu will stand with PAS and other Perikatan parties following no-confidence vote against Perak MB, says Hamzah

Stories You'll Enjoy