PETALING JAYA: A headmaster from a primary school in Taiping, Perak is under investigation after one of his students confessed to being “disturbed” by him on several occasions.
His alleged confession led to five more victims, who have suffered from emotional distress as a result, finally coming forward to report their ordeal.
Their families lodged police reports against the headmaster on Sunday, and have urged the district education department to suspend him while investigations are carried out.
Acting Taiping OCPD Superintendent Ismail Che Isa confirmed that a police report had been lodged by the boy's father.
"We are still in the initial stages of investigations. However, we will be calling up the headmaster for questioning on Tuesday," he said when contacted.
One of the alleged victims, who is sitting for his UPSR exams this year, told the police he had been called into his headmaster’s room on three occasions since early January, and had his pants taken off before he was molested by the accused.
The boy said he was given RM10 pocket money to keep the incident quiet.
The boy’s father said the headmaster’s despicable acts came to light recently when another victim, who is a friend of his son’s, came to his house and related the incident.
“The student, who is our neighbour, came with his parents to my house and told me about what had happened. They were accompanied by other students who had also been victimised” he told The Star when contacted on Monday.
He said his son had suffered in silence for two months as he was fearful of the headmaster.
“I have sensed changes in my son’s behaviour for awhile now. He did not feel like studying anymore. However, I did not suspect anything until now,” the 38 year-old said.
The families of the victims have held a meeting with teachers from the school and officers from the education department in order to get the headmaster permanently sacked.
“The education department says it needs a court verdict that the headmaster is guilty before any action can be taken. We hope they can at least suspend him while the case is investigated,” the boy's father said.