Man and grandmother electrocuted in Sabah


  • Nation
  • Thursday, 02 Apr 2015

The remains of the man and grandmother after being electrocuted in the drain in Sabah.

KOTA KINABALU: A man and his 70-year-old grandmother died holding hands after they were electrocuted in Sabah’s western Kota Belud district.

The 25-year-old man, Awang Mohd Rajib Abd Nazim, was said to have gone to his grandmother’s aid when she fell into a wire-laden drain and was also electrocuted as he held her hand at about 10.30am Thursday.

A villager of Kg. Tawadakan, some 85km from the state capital, where the incident occurred said that the duo were heading to their farm when it happened.

State Fire and Rescue Department public relation officer Mohd Affendy K Ramin said initial investigations indicated that the grandmother had slipped and fell into the drain before she was electrocuted by a loose wire inside.

“We believe the man was trying to grab his grandmother and was also killed in the event,” he said.

Affendy said the incident was being investigated while a post mortem on the bodies was being carried out at the Kota Belud Hospital.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3

Accident , Electrocuted , Man , Grandmother

   

Next In Nation

All must work together to cancel that noise, says Wee
Covid-19 cases in the country on an upward trend
60-year-old makes daring escape from carjackers
Taken in by dubious facts
Jeck Seng: Registration for vaccination still low in Pontian
Inoculation for Covid-19 approaching 400,000 mark
Shocked over such short notice
Many left confused and unsure what to do next
Azmin believes leaked audio clip is authentic
Execs nabbed in meat cartel crackdown

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers