Ramasamy withdraws suit against The Star


  • Nation
  • Tuesday, 30 Oct 2012

KUALA LUMPUR: Penang Deputy Chief Minister Dr P. Ramasamy has withdrawn his defamation suit against a reporter from The Star and Star Publications (M) Bhd in connection with two articles published last year.

Justice V.T. Singham said the plaintiff’s counsel had submitted that the case had been resolved and the terms were private and could not be disclosed.

“Therefore, I strike out the case with no order as to costs,” the High Court judge said yesterday.

Ramasamy was represented by A. Sivanesan and R. Kenghadharan. Bhag Singh appeared for Ian McIntyre and Star Publications.

Earlier, Sivanesan submitted that both sides had resolved the issue.

In his RM10mil suit filed on Feb 13, Dr Ramasamy named McIntyre and the newspaper publisher as first and second defendants.

The former UKM professor had referred to an article titled “Distress in DAP Continues” on Dec 23 and also “What Ramasamy said in the interview with The Star” published on Dec 27.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights
   

Next In Nation

85.1% of Malaysia's adult population fully vaccinated
Maintenance work completed, water supply will be restored in stages, says Air Selangor
Covid-19: Death toll almost 26,000 with 240 newly reported fatalities
Number of laid-off workers during MCO among focus in Parliament on Wednesday (Sept 29)
RM273mil lost in ‘uCustoms’
MACC task force to probe failed ‘uCustoms’ fiasco
Enforce checks on MM2H participants, dependents
Cops to look into alleged data leak
Poor project planning led to water project delay, says A-G’s report
Seniors can continue driving

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers