Pan Borneo Highway to be upgraded


  • Nation
  • Thursday, 25 Oct 2012

PLANS are ongoing to upgrade the Pan Borneo Highway from a single lane to a dual carriageway by 2025, Deputy Works Minister Datuk Yong Khoon Seng said.

“About RM17bil will be needed to construct the lanes for the 1,700km-long highway,” he told Chong Chieng Jen (DAP-Kuching) during Question Time.

Chong had asked the Works Ministry to state whether it will continue with its plans to upgrade the highway, connecting Sabah to Sarawak via dual carriageway lanes.

Home Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein said Indonesians make up the highest number of registered foreign workers in the country, making up 48.5% of the total of 1.58 million employees.

He added there were 1,581,264 legal foreign workers in Malaysia as of July.

“This total represents foreign workers who are paid legally and were issued temporary work passes by the Immigration Department,” he said in a written reply to Karpal Singh (DAP-Bukit Gelugor).

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 0
Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!
   

Next In Nation

Drones deployed over Pulau Mawar to assist search for missing student
KJ: I said no to Zahid's offer of Umno No 2 post in 2018
Landslide leaves 1,000 Orang Asli in Pos Gob stranded
Special committee set up to print, distribute one million Quran worldwide
Three Sabah rural tourism operators get prestigious Asean awards
'Asam Pedas' outlet among 25 eateries to join Menu Rahmah programme in Melaka
Land clearing for ECRL does not involve de-gazetting forest reserves, says MRL
Finance Ministry to meet PLUS over Johor's request for NSE lane expansion
Asst cook remanded over employer's death
Wisma Putra: No report of Malaysians affected in Turkiye earthquake so far

Others Also Read