Man dies of heart attack, 65 given medical treatment

  • Nation
  • Sunday, 29 Apr 2012

KUALA LUMPUR: A 65-year-old man died after suffering a heart attack while 65 others, including two policemen involved in the Bersih rally, were treated at the Kuala Lumpur Hospital.

Its Head of Trauma and Emergency Department Prof Datuk Dr Abu Hassan Asaari Abdullah said the man died at about 11am in the Petaling Street area before any medical team could reach him.

“The man collapsed after suffering a heart attack and was taken to Hospital Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia,” Dr Abu Hassan told a press conference.

He said one of the two policemen brought to the hospital had broken teeth while his colleague was treated for diabetes.

Dr Abu Hassan said the rest, including 25 women, were brought to the hospital either by ambulance or friends for treatment of trauma created by injuries.

He said they were aged between 16 and 74.

Related Stories: A riot at peaceful rally Opposition not concerned about free and fair elections, says Najib Patrol car attacked Cops release 200 protesters in batches Cops handled situation professionally, says Hisham Flowers for the FRU Peaceful assembly turns ugly LRT stations in the city closed for safety reasons Traders and cabbies see earnings plunge Protests more peaceful in other parts Supporters keep gatherings orderly in Kuching and Sibu What the leaders have to say

Videos Photo Gallery

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights

Next In Nation

Man charged with murder of two teens
Three MACC officers detained
Dirty tourists theory rubbished
Options for teens to get jabs
Students happy, relieved to be vaccinated
Boost for domestic tourism
Takiyuddin: Gunung Jerai flash flood an act of God
Cocaine worth RM50mil seized, drug ring crippled in seven raids
Woman suffers dad’s debt
Handmade mooncakes are tastier

Stories You'll Enjoy