KUALA TERENGGANU: A contract worker was shocked to discover a well he dug up in Kampung Padang Macang, Manir, spewing gas.
The fumes, which came from the hole behind a house here, was discovered by Musa Omar, 48, who was digging wells for the villagers.
“I managed to discover water after digging the hole but the texture seemed different.
“I then heard a hissing sound and saw vapour coming from the ground below,” he said.
However, within a minute, Musa was shocked to see a fire break out.
Fire and Rescue Department senior officer Mohd Pauzi Muda said several firemen had been dispatched to the village to prepare for any outcome.
“We have also contacted the Department of Environment and the Minerals and Geo-science Department.
“A study on the soil will be conducted as soon as possible,” he said, adding that the villagers were in no immediate danger.
Did you find this article insightful?