Siti Nurhaliza pulls out from Penang concert on gynae’s advice (Updated)


  • Nation
  • Thursday, 16 Sep 2010

GEORGE TOWN: Datuk Siti Nurhaliza Tarudin has pulled out of the Penang Malaysia Day concert on the advice of her gynaecologist.

Penang Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng announced that the Sept 25 concert at the City Stadium, in which Siti Nurhaliza was to perform a one-hour show, would therefore be cancelled.

"At this stage, we don't have time to make any more changes so the whole concert is cancelled.

"We regret this had to happen, but we respect this and and wish her the best of health," Lim said in a press conference in his Komtar office Thursday.

He said the state had received a letter from the multi award-winning singer-songwriter's company, Siti Nurhaliza Productions (M) Sdn Bhd, on Wednesday, along with a letter from her gynaecologist.

"Her gynaecologist from the Prince Court Medical Centre has given the certification that Siti Nurhaliza is not to travel or engage in any physical activity while she is on treatment," Lim said.

A distributed copy of the company's letter stated that "Siti Nurhaliza has been advised by her doctor to avoid strenuous activities including performing in any concert for the time being."

Lim, who refused to divulge any specifics from the gynaecologist's letter, directed all other questions on the songbird's health to her manager but added that the news would "interest many in the entertainment world."

It has been widely reported in entertainment magazines that Siti Nurhaliza and husband Datuk Seri Khalid Mohd Jiwa, who wed in late 2006, have been trying for a child.

Siti Nurhaliza has also gone on record saying she was considering in-vitro fertilisation.

Lim said Siti Nurhaliza Productions had fully refunded the state's RM60,000 deposit and would also be responsible for all other costs incurred, which the state was currently ascertaining.

Meanwhile, Siti Nurhaliza Tarudin, when contact here later, apologised to the state government and her fans for pulling out of the concert at the last minute.

She said this was on the advice of her gynaecologist, as she was undergoing fertility treatment.

"I had already agreed to perform at the concert, but a few days ago, the doctor advised me to be less active and to rest more," she told mStar, The Star’s Malay language portal.

She said she was receiving treatment at the Prince Court Medical Centre in Kuala Lumpur.

"I will rest until the end of the month, and have made a decision not to accept any offers and invites to arts activities. As for next month, I have not made any plans and it will all depend on my health and medical advice," she said.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights
   

Next In Nation

Deputy minister says sorry after driver caught driving dangerously in Kelantan
Khalid Samad says he supported housing project proposal and not the company
Scheduled water supply disruption in five areas in Hulu Langat
Four arrested following scuffle in Cheras
Spas, wellness business, zoos in Sabah allowed to reopen from Friday (Oct 1)
Malaysia to lose over RM48bil if MM2H participants leave country, says Nazri
12MP: Include two Free Trade Zones to make state the preferred gateway for BIMP-EAGA, says SME Sabah
LHDN says not involved in alleged data leak
Seri Perdana renovation considers safety factors and country's image, says PM
Ahmad Zahid not transparent when extending UKSB's contract, court told

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers