Saman ekor blacklist decision after next week


  • Nation
  • Sunday, 08 Aug 2010

KUALA BERANG: The decision over whether motorists would be blacklisted due to saman ekor is expected to be made after a high-level meeting next week involving the relevant agencies.

Road Transport Department’s (JPJ) director-general Datuk Solah Mat Hassan said the department had been invited to take part in the discussion, together with the officers from the Transport Ministry, transport departments and enforcement agencies.

Also to take part in the meeting are the police, Malaysian Road Safety Institute (Myros) and Road Safety Department (JKJR).

“A decision will be reached,” he said after attending a JPJ community programme at the Orang Asli settlement in Sungai Berua yesterday.

Solat was commenting on the issue after many quarters called for the summons system to be repealed.

He noted that JPJ and other road enforcement agencies could blacklist those who failed to settle their summonses.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Next In Nation

Covid-19: Any decision to close schools will be based on joint assessment, says Health Minister
Schools must avoid sowing seeds of division among students, says Halimah
Covid-19: Number of infected health workers 10 times lower after vaccination, says Mosti
Kluang police looking into baby's death after claims of abuse
Woman dies, four others injured as bus hits cars in attempt to avoid dog
More efforts needed to ensure quicker Covid-19 vaccine rollout, says NGO
Man who allegedly rammed into and killed Penang cop remanded for seven days
Covid-19: Over 400 students infected in Miri, schools advised to close for 14 days
Raya-themed gambling ad: Don’t abuse media freedom, says Saifuddin
MCO violations: 131 compounded, 27 remanded

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers