NIBONG TEBAL: The Magistrates Court in Jawi has withdrawn the warrant of arrest it issued for PAS vice-president Mohamad Sabu and nine of his followers for failing to attend a hearing Monday.
The warrant was cancelled after defence counsel submitted on Tuesday that a miscommunication between court officials and lawyers had led to the 10 not appearing in court yesterday.
Mohamad Sabu, 53, popularly known as “Mat Sabu,” and his followers face a charge of obstructing a public servant from performing his duty last year.
The nine supporters are Zamarul Aini Abdul Malek, 37, Zainal Azrun Zainal Abidin, 35, Abdul Rahim Mat Ariff, 58, Md Lazim Osman, 50, Mohd Biyamin Ishak, 44, Fauzi Saharat, 44, Abdul Razak Ramli, 42, Mohd Subri Mohd Said, 42, and Mohamad Salleh, 47.
They are charged with obstructing Supt Mohd Nasir Salleh from handing over a warrant of arrest issued by the Jalan Duta Magistrate’s Court in Kuala Lumpur to the PAS leader, a Bernama report said.
They were accused of committing the offence near the Bukit Tambun Toll Plaza along the North-South Highway at about 7.45pm on Dec 9, last year.