JOHOR BARU: Sixty pupils from SK Taman Rinting 3 suffered food poisoning after eating nasi lemak at their school canteen.
The mostly Year 3 pupils became ill half an hour after eating the food at about 10.15am yesterday during recess.
Student Mohd Muhaizan Saifudin, 11, said he and two classmates had abdominal pains and vomited after eating the nasi lemak.
Mohd Farish Hariadin, 11, said he had eaten nasi lemak at the canteen before and had not fallen sick.
Johor health department director Dr Mohd Khairi Yakub said the students were sent to nearby clinics and hospitals for treatment and that none of them was warded.
The canteen has been closed to allow the department to conduct an inspection, he said.
Did you find this article insightful?