KOTA TINGGI: Police have identified suspects involved in last Monday’s RM1mil heist in Labis and have launched a manhunt for them.
Johor police chief Deputy Comm Datuk Mohd Mokhtar Mohd Shariff said that a special task force had also been formed to hunt down the suspects and investigate the case.
"We have a fresh lead on the case and the suspects have been identified.
"We are working very hard to solve this case as soon as possible," he told pressmen after launching the Community Policing programme in Sedili Kecil here Sunday.
Last Monday, two men robbed a security van in front of a bank in Labis. They fired several shots before escaping with RM1mil cash.
CDP Mokhtar said the three men detained earlier to assist in investigations had since been released on police bail.
He said he would hold a meeting with banks in the state to discuss more efficient security mechanisms.
"I also urged the bank companies to tighten security, including installing more Close Circuit Televisions (CCTVs).
"The police will always give our cooperation and increase patrols to prevent crime," he said.
On the former Tenggaroh assemblyman Datuk S. Krishnasamy's murder case, DCP Mohd Mokhtar said all four suspects including a senior Kluang MIC leader had been released on police bail.
"We are still investigating the case.
"Our task force code name 'Ops Tenggaroh' is working diligently to solve the case and apprehend the one responsible," he said adding that, more arrests were expected soon.
He said the public should continue giving its cooperation in supplying information He urged those with information to contact the police hotline at 07-2212999 or the nearest police station.