Teen helps cops nab two robbers


  • Nation
  • Saturday, 15 Apr 2006

KUALA LUMPUR: Playing detective, like his father, a 19-year-old boy trailed three robbers who had snatched his cell-phone and helped the police nab two of them. 

In the 8.40pm incident on Wednesday, the victim, who works at a Dominos Pizza outlet at the MidValley Megamall was waylaid by three men who demanded RM300 from him. 

When he refused to give them any money, the men grabbed his cellphone and threatened to harm him if he went to the police. They then hopped on a bus. 

The teenager hailed a taxi and followed the bus to Pudu, where one of the suspects got off. 

He followed the other two men and saw them going into a house in Lorong Pudu. 

He went to a telephone booth to call his father, a detective attached to the Petaling Jaya district police. 

Accompanied by three policemen, the detective laid ambush at the house and nabbed two suspects. 

Initial investigations revealed that the two jobless men, a 20-year-old from Terengganu and a 26-year-old from Perak, had been involved in at least 10 extortion and robbery cases at several shopping complexes and malls in the city.  

They were handed over to the Brickfields police for further investigations. 

District OCPD ACP Mohd Dzuraidi Ibrahim said police were looking for the remaining suspect.  

In another incident, several armed men cornered a goldsmith at a traffic junction in Mont Kiara here and grabbed a bag containing RM1,000 from his car. 

They also took away three cheque books and a bunch of keys. 

Luckily for him, the robbers did not search his shirt pocket which had foreign currencies worth RM84,000. 

The 39-year-old owner of a jewellery shop in Sri Hartamas had withdrawn some money from a bank in Jalan Kuchai Lama on Thursday.  

As he neared a traffic light junction in Mont Kiara, another car blocked his way and three men, one of whom held a parang, alighted and confronted him.  

They demanded that the businessman get down from his car and, when he refused, a parang-wielding man smashed the windscreen on the passenger side and grabbed the bag that was on the seat.  

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Next In Nation

As Covid-19 cases rise, local authorities in Sabah told to review ruling on markets and stalls
Sabah STAR sec-gen Guandee Kohoi to be sworn in as Deputy Tourism, Arts and Culture Minister on Friday (April 16)
Cops record statement from Zeti’s husband
Religious school in Kelantan, Kuching Pulapol under EMCO from April 16-29
State to ramp up vaccination plan to immunise all eligible Sarawakians by end-August, says Douglas Uggah
Employment portal will help Malaysia legalise undocumented Bangladeshis, says High Commissioner
No MCO in five Sarawak districts, CMCO to continue until April 26 as scheduled, says Deputy CM
Two boats held in Johor over illegal fishing
Covid-19: 15 new clusters, five detected in Kelantan
Sandakan under MCO from April 17-30, Tawau's lockdown extended

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers