PUTRAJAYA: Employers are desperately trying to get in touch with the Home Ministry to get the latest details about the recruitment of foreign workers before the deadline of Ops Nasihat runs out on Feb 28.
An irate employer, who called up The Star, complained that her calls to the ministry either went unanswered or that it was difficult to get through.
“I tried calling the ministry in Putrajaya for 30 minutes. But each time, nobody picked up the call or the line was engaged. It’s very frustrating,” said the woman, who declined to be named.
Malaysian Employers Federation executive director Shamsuddin Bardan said the association had been flooded with calls from frantic employers over the last few days to get the latest information on the Government’s policy on foreign workers.
On the briefing by the ministry’s secretary-general Datuk Seri Aseh Che Mat to the employers yesterday, Shamsuddin said the briefing was only explanation of the Government’s policy on foreign workers.
Meanwhile, a ministry spokesman said employers should call its hotline 03-8886 8413 for information on recruitment procedures.
Related stories:More sectors may get to employ foreign workers
Did you find this article insightful?