PENANG: Six members of a family in Teluk Bahang who ate ikan siakap (sea bass) that was washed ashore as a result of the tsunami on Sunday, have suffered food poisoning.
The six, aged between six and 40 years old, came down with diarrhoea, vomiting and stomach ache on Tuesday night.
They had received treatment at the Teluk Bahang health clinic.
It is believed that the head of the family, who was not affected, had found the fish along the shore after the tsunami and decided to take them home as they looked fresh.
A health services spokesman in Balik Pulau confirmed the incident.
Thousands of fish were found on the shores of Balik Pulau and the Straits of Penang after the tsunami. Bernama.