KOTA KINABALU: The Sabah government has stressed that it will co-operate with the Anti-Corruption Agency in its investigations on a retired civil servant holding a Datuk Seri Panglima title and a senior civil servant who has quit the state Youth and Sports Ministry.
On Wednesday, the ACA questioned the two as part of its probe into alleged fraudulent claims for work that was never carried out.
Chief Minister Datuk Musa Aman said the state would not protect anybody.
Whoever has done wrong must face the music, Musa said yesterday after receiving on behalf of the state government a dividend payment totalling some RM5mil from state-owned Warisan Harta Bhd at his office here yesterday.
ACA officials said the agency had been investigating the case since last year.
The ACA office here has sent the investigation papers to the agencys headquarters in Kuala Lumpur.
Meanwhile, State Youth and Sports Minister Datuk Masidi Manjum confirmed that a senior officer of his ministry had resigned after being called in for questioning by the ACA.
Did you find this article insightful?