500,000 sit for three-day UPSR


  • Nation
  • Tuesday, 07 Sep 2004

ANXIOUS LOT: These students of SK Sri Subang Jaya are among the nearly 500,000 Year Six pupils nationwide who began sitting for the Ujian Pencapaian Sekolah Rendah (UPSR) examination yesterday. 

Headmistress Kulsom Bee Md Mydin said teachers were also equally anxious because they wanted the school to maintain its reputation of producing scores of top scorers. 

Three years ago, it was ranked second best in the country in terms of the number of straight As scorers. Last year, it emerged fifth. 

A total of 499,629 pupils nationwide are sitting for the three-day examination that ends tomorrow. Of the candidates, 98.8% are from government schools and the remaining 5,805 or 1.2% from private schools.  

A total of 7,726 test centres have been opened for the exam. 

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Next In Nation

Overused transport hub KL Sentral to be upgraded in long-term plan, says Dr Wee
Inter-zone tourism allowed in Sabah, but only through ministry-registered firms
Man jumps off Penang Bridge to rescue wife
Almost 4,000 primary pupils in Sabah given supplies and hygiene kits under Yayasan Petronas programme
Nine-year-old girl found hung by family after spat
Covid-19: Seven new clusters on Friday (April 16), three linked to workplaces
Sarawak to tighten inter-zone movement from Monday (April 19) following spike in Covid-19 cases
Institutions in Kota Baru and Bentong and two areas in Tawau under EMCO from April 17-30
DOE and Selangor govt at loggerheads over agro park project in Sabak Bernam
Man hurt in ambulance-car collision at traffic light intersection in JB

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers