‘Seductresses’ from China breaking up families


  • Nation
  • Tuesday, 31 Aug 2004

CHINESE families are apparently under threat of being broken up by “seductresses” from China, China Press reported. 

The daily received many calls, letters and faxes from readers complaining that the women seduced their husbands who often end up losing money and breaking up the families. 

The women, who came on social visit passes, targeted cities and towns with a high Chinese population, such as Kepong, Jinjang, Tanjung Sepat, Cameron Highlands, Teluk Intan and Seremban. 

They worked in karaoke lounges, bars and restaurants to get close to the men.  

Those who found a sugar daddy would be given accommodation, cars and allowances.  

A reader narrated the story of her friend’s husband who was so obsessed with a woman from China that he spent up to RM1mil on her a year. 

The man’s marriage ended in divorce.  

He was later abandoned by the mistress who found a “new target” after draining the man of his fortune. 

The daily said the women were good at gaining sympathy by telling sob stories, such as the tough life they had in China or that their ailing parents and siblings needed money for medical treatment. 

Nanyang Siang Pau reported that some 100 managements of Chinese cemeteries in seven states have formed an alliance to lobby for tax exemption on land used as burial grounds. 

A spokesman said cemetery land managed by Chinese guilds and associations should be treated as a social service to the Chinese community. 

The government’s decision to demand for quit rent and other taxes would further burden the management, he said. 

·UTUSAN Malaysia reported that Rating Agency Malaysia Bhd (RAM) has proposed a new way to pay for houses which will provide better protection for buyers. 

The proposal, called the “10:90 Formula” would allow housebuyers to pay an initial 10% and then pay the remaining 90% after completion. 

The formula, said the agency, would not only guarantee the buyer a completed unit but one which came with a certificate of fitness for occupation (CF). 

The proposal was carried in an article entitled “The build-and-sell concept: The only solution?” prepared by a panel of analysts under the agency’s real estate and construction division.  

It can be found on the RAM website at www.ram.com.my

Under the formula, a buyer would pay a 10% deposit when signing the sale and purchase agreement.  

The deposit would not go to the developer but held by lawyers in a trust fund. 

“To get the remaining 90% of the purchase price, the developer not only needs to hand over the completed unit but also the unit’s title and CF,” it said. 

RAM said the formula was widely practised in Australia and Singapore. 

“The formula not only sides with the purchasers but protects the interests of developers in all aspects,” it said, adding that developers could avoid wastage from unplanned construction by gauging the demand before starting a project. 

·A 52-YEAR-OLD woman in Paloh, Johor, is said to be preying on Socso subscribers, especially worksite accident victims, by promising to process their claims, reported Malaysia Nanban

The woman is believed to have cheated about 10 people of about RM30,000. 

The issue came to the light when the woman bought a luxury car recently. 

The woman, said to be targeting illiterate estate workers, was active in Paloh, Cha’ah and Labis. 

The report said the woman told her victims that she needed money to process application forms and bribe Socso officers. 

The daily also reported that parents of pupils in SJK (T) Kangar Pulai in Johor Baru hoped the school’s problems could be resolved when Education Ministry’s parliamentary secretary P. Komala visited the school. 

It reported that the school with 560 pupils was facing an acute shortage of classrooms and was affected by flash floods.  

Two of the school’s buildings had been declared unsafe by the state Works Department.  

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Next In Nation

Tawau cops: Strict action against those damaging barbed wire, barricade tapes
Dr Mah on Covid-19: Schools with positive case to be closed for at least two days
Govt allowed to utilise National Trust Fund for Covid-19 vaccines, expenditures
Dr Wee: Transport Ministry, Sabah CVLB to improve state logistics sector
Covid-19: Majority of new cases in KK from boarding school cluster, says Masidi
Suspect who attacked his bodyguards to be charged Thursday (April 22)
Hajiji: Task force addressed Sepanggar, Menggatal water woes
Enforcement officers begin checks to ensure compliance with month-long festive price control scheme
Take election pledges seriously, says Kit Siang
Cops raid Johor restaurant, arrest 18 Vietnamese women

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers