Jackie Chan surrenders

End of the road: King Ee @ Jackie Chan (right) being led into the police lock-up at George Town police headquarters. - Starpic by K.E. Ooi

PENANG: Ong King Ee @ Jackie Chan, accused of trying to revive the notorious Sio Sam Ong (Three Little Emperors) gang, has surrendered to the police after negotiations personally handled by state police chief Deputy Comm Datuk Othman Talib. 

The 37-year-old, who had been on the run for the past three months, turned up at the Federal Police headquarters in Bukit Aman, Kuala Lumpur, where he was met by a State Serious Crime team at about 11am yesterday. 

King Ee contacted the state police chief, who then managed to persuade him to surrender. 

DCP Othman said three serious crime personnel led by its chief DSP Lee Moh Le escorted the triad leader to Penang. 

They reached the police contingent headquarters in a car at 2.45pm, where some 40 photographers, reporters and TV crew were waiting. 

King Ee, who was sandwiched between two policemen, was whisked away to the state anti-vice branch where an officer took down his statement. 

DCP Othman said action to be taken against King Ee would depend on the outcome of police investigations. King Ee is liable to be sent to the Simpang Renggam Rehabilitation Centre in Muar. 

He added that while King Ee, who is also known as Cheng Loong or Kang Er, was on the run to elude the authorities, he was hiding all over the country.  

“We now consider the case closed with his arrest. His gang was previously involved in international drug trafficking, kidnap, murder, robbery, extortion and illegal money-lending while at its height,” he said. 

State deputy police chief Senior Asst Comm (II) Abdul Wahab Ahmad said that King Ee was detained under the Emergency Ordinance, which allowed police to detain him for up to two months. 

He said that Chee Kok Loong @ Peter Long, said to be King Ee's “right hand man,” was still at large. 

The triad was said to be behind the slaying of six people in Taman Bersatu, Sungai Petani in September 1992. The members were also involved in at least 10 murders during the late 80s and early 90s. 

In Kuala Lumpur, MCA president Datuk Seri Ong Ka Ting said that King Ee’s resignation from the party had been accepted. 

“Whatever problems he might have, it has nothing to do with MCA. We do not want to talk about the issue anymore,” he said.  

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3

Next In Nation

Driver whose vehicle rammed into roadside stall tests positive for drugs
Police detain eight men over Rawang restaurant fight
‘The rakyat comes first’
Wee: Time to set rules for p-hailing riders
Over 2,000 new cases for fourth straight day
Examples of cases solved through DNA work and analysis
Forensic Unit seeks more funds
Rising above the challenges
All schools, institutions in Kelantan MCO areas ordered to close
Highest infectivity rate recorded in Kelantan

Stories You'll Enjoy