Johor water cuts to continue


  • Nation
  • Thursday, 10 Jul 2003

JOHOR BARU: The massive statewide exercise by Syarikat Air Johor Holdings Sdn Bhd (SAJH) to replace old pipes and install new ones will result in continuous disruption of water supply in the state. 

According to the company, such disruptions were expected to continue until 2005. 

SAJH corporate communication head Jamaluddin Jamil said the exercise, which also includes the construction of five new treatment plants, is in line with the state government’s aim to provide piped water to every home by 2005. 

He said the disruption was inevitable but assured consumers that they would be notified in advance to enable them to store water. 

“They will be notified through the media at least 24 hours before we stop supply to their areas. 

“However, this only applies to planned disruptions and not something that is beyond our control like burst pipes,” he said yesterday. 

Since the project started early this year, there had been an average of five notices of water disruptions a week in different locations throughout the state. 

Each disruption lasted between six and 12 hours. 

Jamaluddin appealed to consumers to be patient and said the company would try its best to shorten the supply disruption period. 

“In cases where we think the disruption will go longer than expected, water tankers will be sent to the affected areas. 

“We will ensure that although taps in the affected areas may run dry, there will still be water for cooking and drinking,” he said. 

He said consumers may contact SAJH’s 24-hour operation centre at 07-222 4222 should water disruption in their areas last longer than scheduled.  

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Next In Nation

Covid-19: 512 new cases in Sarawak on May 11, half from Miri division
Zuraida: DAP wants Chinese community under its thumb
Emergency proclamation not a 'failure' in managing Covid-19, says Health DG
MCO violation: 475 nabbed on Monday (May 10), says Ismail Sabri
EMCO for areas in Pahang, Terengganu, Perak, says Ismail Sabri
Sarawak keeps to CMCO but with stricter SOP until May 17, says state committee
SOP for MCO available on NSC website, says Ismail Sabri
Almost 10 million ciggies worth RM772,000 seized as smuggling syndicate smashed
Johoreans welcome MCO 3.0, says would bring Covid-19 cases under control
147 vehicles told to turn back at roadblocks in Perak during first week of May, says state police chief

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers