Soldiers' trial on July 13


  • Nation
  • Monday, 09 Jun 2003

KOTA BARU: Sessions Court judge Azman Abdullah has fixed July 13 to hear the case of three soldiers who were charged with raping and molesting a 16-year-old girl last month. 

All three claimed trial on May 22. 

Prebet Mohamad Zakaria, 27, and Prebet Mohd Ridzuan Abdullah, 26, were accused of raping the victim in a hut near a railway track at Kampung Kusial Baru, Tanah Merah on May 4. 

Lance Corporal Shahrunizam Roslani, 27, is charged with molesting the girl at the same place. 

Mohamad also faces a second charge of raping the girl near a Machang hotspring later on the same day. 

Mohamad and Mohd Ridzuan were charged under Section 376 of the Penal Code which carries a maximum jail sentence of up to 20 years and whipping if found guilty.  

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights
   

Next In Nation

Four Key Lessons from the Pandemic
PM Ismail Sabri visits siblings orphaned by Covid-19
Success of Battersea development in London will benefit EPF contributors, says Dr Wee
Education Ministry holds engagement sessions on school operations in Melaka
Mahdzir: Government must find formula to boost scrap rubber price
Rise of sporadic Covid-19 cases in Sabah a sign SOPs not being followed, says Masidi
Cops open two investigations over Pandora Papers
Tabung Haji chairman's resignation not due to political pressure, says Ahmad Marzuk
Women's Ministry sets up committee to tackle cyberbullying, sexual crimes against children
Lively weekend at the beach for holiday-starved Malaysians

Others Also Read


Vouchers