Chinese women’s abductors identified


  • Nation
  • Tuesday, 27 May 2003

KUALA LUMPUR: Police have identified the group of men who assaulted and abducted two Chinese national women who had earlier sought help from the MCA Public Services and Complaints department in Jalan Ampang recently. 

The women, aged 22, from Chongqing and Jilin provinces in China, who were forced into prostitution by a vice syndicate, were leaving Wisma MCA to be taken to a safe place in a van driven by department head Michael Chong's assistant when the abduction took place. 

City police chief Deputy Comm Datuk Dell Akbar Khan said the men were expected to be picked up soon. 

A special task force, headed by city anti-vice, gaming and secret society division chief Supt Fawzi Arshad, are tracking down the suspects. 

Meanwhile, DCP Dell said the women had been handed over to the Immigration Department for further action. 

Last Thursday, the van carrying the women left Wisma MCA, followed by Chong in his own car. The van was forced off the road by two cars at 6.30pm. 

Several armed men alighted from their cars and smashed the van's windows and windscreen before dragging the women out. They forced the women into their cars and sped off. 

The women were then held captive for 12 hours at an unidentified house where they were harassed, scolded and assaulted by eight men, believed to be pimps from a syndicate operating in the Klang Valley. 

A massive hunt was launched by police after Chong lodged a report at the Dang Wangi police headquarters. 

The next day, the abductors released the women at Jalan Tun Razak. They then took a taxi to Chong's office to seek help.  

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

Next In Nation

Ranhill SAJ exploring underground water sources in Johor, says Mentri Besar
Fed Govt must explain PM Dept's increased allocation in Budget 2021, says Anwar
Explore Malaysia virtually through MyVXp: Digital Tourism Unlimited for as low as RM15!
272 flood victims in temporary shelters as Bintulu enters third day of floods
Sabah's sea curfew extended to Dec 16
Health Ministry seeks to use funds from cigarette tax to help people quit smoking
Motion of confidence for Perak MB will be tabled during upcoming state assembly sitting, says Speaker
Give more funding to research, G25 urges govt
Govt tables amendment to increase amount for Covid-19 Fund
Penang Pakatan lawmakers urge govt to review decision on RM2.04bil LRT loan

Stories You'll Enjoy