ALOR STAR: The 26-year-old Indian national who was admitted to Langkawi Hospital for suspected Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) was discharged yesterday.
State Health, Unity, Welfare and Indian Affairs committee chairman Datuk V. Saravanan said the woman, who was working on board the Star Cruises, was admitted on April 7.
The patient was discharged at about 10am yesterday after being warded for seven days as she has recovered and no longer showed any symptoms, he told reporters yesterday.
Saravanan said the number of people warded as suspected SARS patients in Kedah had dropped to three people as of yesterday.
He said since March 30 until yesterday, there were 20 suspected cases reported in the state, 18 of whom were admitted to the hospitals.
From the number admitted, 15 had been discharged, including the Star Cruises employee, he said.
Saravanan said the remaining three patients were warded at the Alor Star Hospital, one of whom was a staff of the hospital. The other two, both aged 24, were from Sungai Petani (was admitted on April 7) and Alor Star (admitted on April 9).