MALACCA: About 80 students from SMK Abdul Malik were admitted to the hospital here for suspected food poisoning yesterday.
The students were part of the 180 Form One to Form Five pupils who took part in a three-day leadership programme in Asahan Camp which began on Friday.
One of the students, who declined to be named, said they ate fish, chicken and rice during dinner at 6.30pm on Friday.
They were sent to Jasin Hospital, the nearest hospital from the camp, and were later transferred to the hospital here.
The student said he felt dizzy before he started vomiting three hours later.
One of the teachers in charge of the camp declined to comment.
State Human Resources, Health and Consumer Affairs Committee chairman Datuk Seah Kwi Tong confirmed that more than 70 students were admitted to hospital.
However, he said only five students had severe poisoning and were warded for observation, while the others were discharged.
Did you find this article insightful?