Duo die after inhaling gas

  • Nation
  • Friday, 31 Jan 2003

IPOH: Two brothers preparing for the Chinese New Year celebrations died after inhaling what is believed to be poisonous gas which had leaked from a refrigerator in their trawler at the Bagan Poncor jetty in Pantai Remis on Wednesday. 

Manjung district Deputy OCPD Deputy Supt Marzuki Mohamad Saad said the two have been identified as fishermen Ang Beng Choon, 35, and his elder brother Kah Wat, 42. 

He said the brothers were cleaning the 2.5m-high refrigerator on their trawler, used to store the catch of the day, when the incident happened at 3pm. 

“`Kah Wat rushed over to help Beng Choon when his brother suddenly collapsed but he, too, was overcome by the gas,” he said.  

He said the brothers were rushed to the Pantai Remis health clinic by another sibling, Beng Huat. 

However, all attempts to revive them failed, he said.  

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3

Did you find this article insightful?


Across the site