Former CEO claims trial to CBT


KUALA LUMPUR: A Singaporean businessman pleaded not guilty to a charge of committing criminal breach of trust involving over RM1mil three years ago belonging to a company where he served as chief executive officer. 

Seow Boon Cheng, 50, claimed trial in the Sessions Court yesterday to misappropriating RM50,000 from UEM Genisys Sdn Bhd at its office located at 16th floor, Menara 2, Faber Towers, Jalan Desa Bahagia, Taman Desa, here on April 5, 2000. 

Seow: His case was fixed for hearing on July 7.

He also pleaded not guilty to a second charge of misappropriating RM1mil from the same company on Aug 25. 

Deputy Public Prosecutor Salehuddin Saidin sought a RM200,000 bail for both charges, saying that it was a reasonable amount as the prosecution was not proposing an additional condition of surrendering his passport. 

Furthermore, he added, the offence which Seow had been charged with involved a large amount of money and there was a likelihood of him not attending the trial due to other surrounding circumstances. 

However, Seow's counsel Francis Ng Aik Guan urged the court to lower the bail sum, noting that his client had given his full co-operation during the investigation.  

Ng also urged the court to allow his client to pay the bail sum in a form of a secured cash bond.  

Judge Rosenani Abdul Rahman fixed July 7 for hearing and set RM200,000 bail to be paid in the form of a secured cash bond. Seow posted bail.  

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 18
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

100% readers found this article insightful

Next In Nation

Negri MB: RM500 aid for flood victims is all we can afford
Cops nab man over snatch theft attempt at JB petrol station
Opposition MPs unhappy with Speaker’s rigid ‘time-keeper’ rules
Cops arrest four Myanmar nationals in banana plantation slashing case
Colombian duo nabbed over string of thefts in KL
Personnel conducting intelligence work not required to wear bulletproof vest, says DIG
Immigration syndicate blitz: MACC arrests three foreign worker agents
Jasa to be rebranded as J-Com, RM85.5mil allocation to be slashed, says minister
Manhunt on for two drug smugglers; RM2.4mil worth of drugs seized
Investigations into Teoh Beng Hock's death reopened, says Home Ministry

Stories You'll Enjoy