The Automobile Association of Malaysia (AAM) has denied giving approval to the organiser of the Educational Innovation of Motorsports and Automotive (EIMARace) 2016 to hold the event held near the Sukpa Complex in Indera Mahkota, Pahang. The incident claimed the lives of a father and daughter Sunday after a go-kart went out of control and killed them. The AAM told Berita Harian that the organiser had sent in an application a few months ago but failed to obtain approval due to the high cost involved. AAM supervisor Ahmad Shuhaimi Abdullah said among the requirements set were the organiser must pay for insurance protection of the racers and staff, as well as the cost of road resurfacing, cones, fencing and marshals. The race tracks must also be inspected by experts recognised by the AAM. "Failure to get approval means the competition or race event was organised illegally," he told the Malay daily. Izwan Isa, 38, and his four-year-old daughter, Nur Zulaikha, died after one of the speeding go-karts suddenly crashed through the barriers and hit them.
> Actor arrested for allegedly possing ganja plants
A 28-year-old local drama actor and two other suspects were arrested Sunday after being suspected of planting and in possession of ganja plants in a house at Jalan Ampang in Kuala Lumpur. A source revealed that the raid was carried out following findings from the Wangsa Maju Narcotics Criminal Investigation Department. During the operation, police allegedly found live ganja plants in flower pots, as well as a glass container and grinder both containing leaves believed to ganja. "Further checks also discovered ganja seeds, seven samurai swords, 21 knives, three note books, four pellet guns, two air rifles, an axe and a police vest," said the source. All of the items seized were estimated to worth RM25,000. The suspects aged between 28 to 36 were brought to the Wangsa Maju police headquarters for further investigations under the Dangerous Drug Act 1952, Arms Act 1960, and the Corrosive and Explosive Substances and Offensive Weapons Act 1958.
> Woman takes away toddler without ex-hubby’s knowledge
A woman allegedly took away her three-year-old daughter without the knowledge of her ex-husband, who has been looking after the toddler. The incident happened in Puchong at about 8am on Sunday. According to her 29-year-old ex-husband, known only as Saran, the woman came to visit their eldest daughter during her usual weekened visits. He said his ex-wife took the girl away without informing his father who was the only one at home at that time. The CCTV showed that his ex-wife handed over the girl to a man before leaving with him. A police report had been lodged. Saran and his ex-wife also have a two-year-old girl under the care of the woman.
Did you find this article insightful?