Extension guidelines

  • Community
  • Monday, 07 Nov 2011

Any works involving demolishing of the actual building wall, expansion to the building and those that fall under the Act 133 Street, Drainage and Building 1974 and Building by-law 1984.

Steps before plan submission

1. Get consent from neighbours involving any extension to the front of the border.

2. Appoint an architect, building plan artist registered with the Malaysia Architect Board.

3. If there are works involving concrete piling, a certified engineer must be appointed.

4. Ensure the extension or changes follow the guidelines and MPAJ’s building standards.

5. Ensure works doesn’t begin before building plans are approved.

Things needed for submission

a) Form A

b) Five copies of complete building plan

c) One copy of Permanent Residency Certificate

d) One copy of assessment tax receipt

e) One copy of recent quit rent receipt

f) One copy of sales and purchase agreement of title letter

g) Consent letter from neighbour (if applicable)

h) Form A, two copies of structure plan and calculated structure from the consultant engineer.

Application of permits and plans

Plans have to be approved by qualified architect/registered plan artist.

Payments to be made for all the processing fees.

Steps after approval

1. Display the approval for building plan

2. Ensure works are carried out within the boundary

3. Ensure the cleanliness of the construction area.

4. Architect to inform MPAJ on the progress of the construction.

A maximum compound of RM2,500 under Act 70(11) will be issued to those who do not comply with the guidelines. Demolition notice will also be given to those who fail to comply with the MPAJ Building Standards (Section 72(6) Act 133) and the building owner shall bear the cost of the demolition.

Related Stories: Adhere to building guidelines

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3

Across the site