Be conscious of fire safety, people told


KUANTAN: The public, especially those living in wooden structures, have been reminded to be careful of leaving things at home that could be a potential fire hazard. 

Semambu assemblyman Pang Tsu Ming said the present hot weather could trigger a fire at any time. 

“Check your electrical appliances and switch off items which are not in use. 

“Carelessness is most often the cause of such mishaps,” he said after visiting the victims of a fire on Thursday. 

During the 12pm incident in Kampung Bukit Ubi here, the families lost everything as they were working. 

On behalf of the state Welfare Department, he presented RM500 to each of the three families that were left homeless. 

Pang also commended the department for their prompt and quick action in providing relief aid within 24 hours of the incident. 

“This is perhaps the quickest action that has been taken and I am happy that the victims were not left to fend for themselves,” he said.  

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Stories You'll Enjoy


-->