Ex-deputy IGP labels Mohamaddin's Lahad Datu intrusion comments as repulsive


  • Nation
  • Monday, 21 Sep 2020

PETALING JAYA: A former deputy Inspector-General of Police has called the alleged comments made by Datuk Mohamaddin Ketapi (pic) on the 2013 Kg Tanduo intrusion in Lahad Datu as repulsive.

Tan Sri Mohd Bakri Mohd Zinin said the Parti Warisan Sabah leader should appreciate the difficulties faced by the police and Armed Forces in upholding the nation's sovereignty.

"It only reflected the person's poor character, as he does not understand the hardship faced in upholding sovereignty and safeguarding peace.

"He is standing proud on the political stage today, campaigning for the people's mandate.

"But he is fit to rule only the garbage dump," he said when contacted on Monday (Sept 21).

Earlier on Monday, a video of the Lahad Datu MP, saying that the 2013 shootout with Sulu militants in Tanduo was “just a show” to gain votes and help Barisan win the 13th General Election, was widely circulated.

In the video, he was seen claiming that military aircraft and tanks were deployed to Tanduo, about 37km from Lahad Datu town, to fight off invaders but destroyed oil palm plantations instead.

Mohamaddin was also seen saying in the video that the only enemies the military had to fight off were "chickens and dogs” and that the "show" was over after the GE13 results were announced.

He also claimed in the video that in his travels to the area, he had never encountered any invaders who tried to claim Sabah as theirs.

Mohamaddin has since come out to apologise and claimed that his comments were taken out of context.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 18
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

71% readers found this article insightful

Across the site