PNSB stage walkout over poor refereeing as SSC march into FA Cup final

Surging forward: MAFC’s Mohd Radhee Aziz (second from left) gets away from two Sultan Sulaiman Club players.

PNSB, unhappy with the referee’s decision, decided not to continue their FA Cup semi-final match against Kota Raja FC.

PNSB players and officials, after a lengthy argument with referee Mohd Shuhaimi Mohd Ismail, staged a walk-out in the 75th minute of the match played at the Subang Jaya Municipal Council Sports Complex.

The score was then 2-1 in favour to Kota Raja FC.

PNSB, who are the Super Division defending champions and one of the seasoned teams in the Football Association of Selangor (FAS) league, took the lead in the ninth minute when Ibnu Hisyam Mohd Nazri scored from a freekick.

However Kota Raja FC, making their debut in Division One, stunned PNSB with the equaliser in the 69th minute when T. Subhramani scored.

No way out: Sultan Sulaiman Club’s Rezayulindra Ramlan (right) fights for the ball with MAFC’s Hazwan Hassan.
No way out: Sultan Sulaiman Club's Rezayulindra Ramlan (rights) fights for the ball the MAFC's Hazwan Hassan.

Two minutes earlier, Kota Raja FC were awarded a penalty after PNSB’s Wan Hafiz Harun had handled the ball in the penalty box. But Mohamad Naim Mohamad Zainal failed to score from the spot.

With the normal 70 minutes ending 1-1, the match went into extra-time.

During the first half of extra-time , Kota Raja FC scored in the 74th minute through K. Yakish Rao to make it 2-1.

However there was confusion as players from PNSB protested against an earlier decision by Mohd Shuhaimi, who explained the situation to the players.

But the PNSB players were adamant and refused to continue the match.

Kota Raja FC team officials, on their part, also confronted the team officials to know the outcome of the match.

According to a FAS official, present at the venue, the match officials as well as the match commissioner would submit their report to the competition committee.

The competition committee, headed by Datuk Emran Kadir, will be meeting on Wednesday to decide on the matter.

Until a decision is made, PNSB are suspended from the league.

In an earlier semi-final match, at the same venue, Sultan Sulaiman Club edged MAFC 1-0 to book their place in the final.

MAFC, currently playing in the Premier Division, had about 200 supporters cheering them on but SSC, with several seasoned players in their squad, had the the edge over their rivals.

The only goal of the match came in the 33rd minute when Mohamad Zaidi Ahmad scored from a freekick.

MAFC, despite having several open chances, failed to score and SSC qualified for the final.

The FAS competition committee, after deciding on the outcome of the match between PNSB and Kota Raja FC, will fix the date for the final.

The champions will receive RM10,000 and the runners-up RM5,000.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights

Sport , Central Region , football


Stories You'll Enjoy